What's your hourly UOForever wage?

Rendex

Expert
So I work at a research hospital as a software engineer, I am fascinated with the correlation of data to real world applications, and I had a conversation with a coworker about games that allow you to associate a real world monetary value to in-game currency / goods. Obviously Eve Online came up as a prime example with their PLEX system -- but it also got me thinking about donation coins and UOForever.

With 1000 donation coins selling for roughly 180k right now and costing ~$10 USD then $1 USD is worth about 18k. Having said that I’d like to know how much you make an hour on UOForever. This is your estimate based on average not best, if you farm Lichs every night for 2-3 hours and usually get 2-3 skill scrolls then count the gold and a fair estimate on the average value of the skill scrolls/magic weapons you get.

TLDR; If 18k is worth $1 USD, how much USD do you make an hour in UO -- barring those rare finds of taming SS and whatnot.

Bonus points for how much you've ever made/lost in an hour. :)

Myself I enjoy fishing which is about 1-2 MiBs, 2-3 nets, and 2-3 plain t-maps per hour. Then about an hour of running them all I’d say I make close to $2 an hour. :)

poogoblin

Master
Depends on my mood...but I'm probably around Tucker's numbers. Mostly due to not trying and either BSing with my UO neighbor or just wandering Sosaria enjoying the world all over again

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
My best farming day ever I made a net 1.3 mil in 5 hours of fishing (substracting cost of mibs and amibs I bought). That is 260k per hour which is almost 15$ an hour!

I probably average 6-8 $ an hour tho.

Ew. Makes me feel like donating a ton of money.

S

Shane

That's a pretty interesting thought honestly, but very accurate and true on how UO has it's own real world aspect with economy.

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
I dunno, just open the other farming gold/hour thread and divide by 18?

I mean my real job is pretty decent but I play to have fun and farming and mastering the player economy is part of that fun.

Krynn

Apprentice
Very insightful. I too thought of this,
I did this calculation when I made my tamer... Ill spare you the figures.

Buying donation coins and converting them to gold and then taming Skill Scrolls was the way to go (from 80 and up).
Good for the server (the donation), and good for the UOF economy (two gold transactions and disinflation from the SS consumption).

Krynn

Apprentice
Because he spent $500 for a GM tamer...

The values are outdated, it was over 6 months ago... Taming SSs had a different value.
But It cost far far less than $500.

Even at $500 it still would have been advantageous in respect to both hourly recreation cost,
and how much time I saved training a tamer from 80-100.

If you find out how I can trade gold / dono / dollars for time, please let me know.

rexxz

The values are outdated, it was over 6 months ago... Taming SSs had a different value.
But It cost far far less than $500.

Even at $500 it still would have been advantageous in respect to both hourly recreation cost,
and how much time I saved training a tamer from 80-100.

If you find out how I can trade gold / dono / dollars for time, please let me know.

Same way you trade money for time in real life, by paying people to work for you.

Krynn

Apprentice
Same way you trade money for time in real life, by paying people to work for you.

I like your style Rexxz.
I should have clarified, I meant increasing the overall amount of time, not just creating more leisure time.

Life is too short to work for someone else.