Whats with the taming scroll drop rate?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I am willing to bet it's misinformation as I have seen nothing about SS in the patch notes. And this community would absolutely shit itself if SS's were tweaked without being informed...so you know it wouldn't get left out.

If this was misinformation it would just be par for the course. But I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and leave that nonsense to everyone else until I hear official word.

mow315

Neophyte
I'm pretty sure they changed the SS drop rate significantly. I didn't play regularly for the last 2-3 months and before that I used to get a taming SS almost every day, mainly from farming titans, bloods and evil mage lords. Anyway I looted way more SS back then.
I started playing again in December and literally farmed my ass off every day during non-peak hours and all I got is one taming SS and several other SS. So either it's extreme bad luck or they changed the drop rate..

I can also confirm that the drop rate on bloods, titans and especially evil mage lords is higher than on AWs or Balrons for example..

milkyteat

Expert
I am willing to bet it's misinformation as I have seen nothing about SS in the patch notes. And this community would absolutely shit itself if SS's were tweaked without being informed...so you know it wouldn't get left out.

While I do agree with you for the most part, I feel like ss drop changes may have been one of those things they wanted us to figure out on our own. But then again, like you said this community would likely shit itself. Hopefully a dev chimes in soon so we can get official word on this conundrum.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Random... hard concept...
If it make you feel any better or WORSE, I got 3 taming ss's off the same shit I farm all the time in 45 minutes today.
2 in 2 hrs yesterday.
Droprates haven't changed, tedium/repetitiveness of farming is fucking with people's heads, and they want shit faster.
It's the same it's always been.

Either I'm bugged, or every OTHER person on the server EXCEPT me is bugged. Whatever helps you sleep better at night while the masses get baited into conspiracy theories.

Shit's just random random random. had good fortune today/yesterday. 3 days ago I went 5 hrs with nada... just happens like that..

milkyteat

Expert
lol I think you're right. The farming grind has grinded my perception to a pulp. I'm actually glad to hear about your prosperous farming trip (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're being honest). Thanks for the info, Nihil.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Yup, you can ask my buyer, I keep him buying daily.
And with only an hour or so farming per day.

Honestly, that's all I can really chalk it up to... is the repetitive farming of the same shit...
Especially when the odd time you'll randomly get one in the first 20-30 mins... then could go 4-5 hrs.

We all want money now now now :D

Trades

Adept
lol well I hit mages, titans, balrons, great bloods normal bloods and I haven't received fk all ss's thought a while back I was laughing in em, perhaps they just know who has gotten a lot and who hasn't so they mix it up :) but agreed on the fire mages, they need to be beefed up or put em on something a lot harder to kill, 2 shots of a bow and their dead, explo ebolt and their dead, yet a greater blood el takes like 2 mins with drag / nightmare and get nothing other than gold. Mages u get 25 of a certain regs, 7/10 times a ss, most of the time their crap but still get 1. And is always getting smashed by hungry rude farmers, they get their 1 hit in and they can loot it without going grey, that's wat really floats my boat..

Trades

Adept
lol tbh I don't remember 15yrs ago, mostly then I was in wrong and dastard and did champs, only ever seen the harrower once. but a game always gets updated does it not? so really the game might be 15 yrs old but the expansions and things getting added r new rite ?

Trades

Adept
im sure 10-15 yrs ago there wasn't SS's , paragons can't even remember there was Powerscrolls when it 1st came out, later on though I do remember be able to have 120 resist and eval. would have to be perhaps 10yr ago was the last I played, used to love the abyss server for PvP and played on Oceania

TriXa

Grandmaster
we should not forget normaly a SS is a little rare goodie. but most people thinking its just regular like gold to farm. So SS should drop absolutly random on all mobs. not only these 3 high mobs.

Vapid

Novice
In a couple of weeks the expansion will roll out, and a whole new gear of greed will roll. Taming SS's will be something still sought after, but not with all the new pixel candy.

Alabama Man

Neophyte
lol well I hit mages, titans, balrons, great bloods normal bloods and I haven't received fk all ss's thought a while back I was laughing in em, perhaps they just know who has gotten a lot and who hasn't so they mix it up :) but agreed on the fire mages, they need to be beefed up or put em on something a lot harder to kill, 2 shots of a bow and their dead, explo ebolt and their dead, yet a greater blood el takes like 2 mins with drag / nightmare and get nothing other than gold. Mages u get 25 of a certain regs, 7/10 times a ss, most of the time their crap but still get 1. And is always getting smashed by hungry rude farmers, they get their 1 hit in and they can loot it without going grey, that's wat really floats my boat..

Where are these mages you're talking about?