Whats with the taming scroll drop rate?

Azyan

Master
I kill at least 50-100 titans and no taming scrolls? Thats b.s. are they lowering drop rates or what?

milkyteat

Expert
Yup…it kinda makes farming pointless/more of a grind. Since I figured this out, I haven't been playing as much as I used to. Hopefully the expansion changes this. Keeping my fingers crossed. Merry xmas

Azyan

Master
Yeah man, I dont expect to get one every hour or anything like that but its beyond goofy how little they drop. On top of that titan spawns are pk hot spots, so its almost not even worth the effort. They gotta add more titan spawns or fix the problem.

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
Stop killing titans I get taming ss drops mostly from greater elemntals or greater dragon types, titans are sorta low power mobs and wont drop taming ss as much as harder mobs, ive gotten 6 ss taming drops this month.

Azyan

Master
I know it shouldnt be easy I agree but killing 100-150 titans and not one taming? I guess ill try different mobs.

milkyteat

Expert
Across the board, the good ss drops have been lowered significantly. It used to be worth it to farm a few hours and get a taming ss at least once a day (sometimes twice a day) which makes farming exciting and fun. Now that they are rare as fuck, it's like a lottery and sometimes you can go days without a single decent ss drop (i.e.: taming, lock picking, poisoning, etc.). On top of that, statues don't drop nearly as often as they used to either. I don't only kill titans, btw. I kill greater blood else, toxic else, titans, ancient wyrms, balrons, shadow balrons, etc.

I feel like some dudes fucked the economy up and now the devs are trying to compensate for those players' greediness. It sucks, but I still like this shard a lot. Can't stand it when bitches get into the dev's minds with their complaints and then it turns the game back into a grind.

Edit:
Also, I understand the meaning of "rare" and how taming ss are supposed to stay rare otherwise their value would diminish. The thing is, people are training taming everyday. New people are also coming to this shard. Once they figure out the whole taming thing, they'll want to jump on the ss market…so I don't see taming ss dropping in value anytime soon. I guess we are all a little anxious for the expansion, so if my whining sounds like whining, it probably is. Sorry in advance, just needed to let some steam off.

Gedron

Master
If a taming scroll drops every 100 monsters farmed (big mobs like ballys and greater bloods), then the market would flood with them. I easily kill a few hundred mobs that drop scrolls during my runs, now multiply that by the dozens of other people doing the same thing. There would be tons of them everywhere.

A taming scroll should be a once in a long time find to preserve their value AND to prevent the shard being flooded with tamers. Find your kicks some where else. If the only excitement you get out of UO is getting a taming scroll then maybe your love for the game has died man. There is so much more out there than just farming scrolls!!

milkyteat

Expert
If the only excitement you get out of UO is getting a taming scroll then maybe your love for the game has died man. There is so much more out there than just farming scrolls!!

Ya, I see what you're saying man. I have been working on other chars instead of farming on my tamer and it breaks the monotony of the farming grind. I don't just farm scrolls, btw. I just try to make the most out of my time, know what I mean?

I guess I was just used to getting a good bang for my farming buck and now that they've changed it up, I gotta adapt. No worries, like I said I was just venting a bit. I'm sure the expansion will be the shit.

limlight

Grandmaster
Lol @ they need to add more titan farm spots. What is with all the noobs bitching about trammy shit lately. Complaining about drop rate and then complaining about pks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

_mag

Neophyte
Just kill evil mages, they die in one second and drop skill scrolls often. Probably should be nerfed, but I know people who have got over 3 taming SS in a day doing those.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Is this confirmed or just typical speculation/misinformation given very matter-of-factly?

Assuming this is accurate it's about damn time. I've farmed something like 75 taming ss over the months. Drop rate was insane.

Harken110

Expert
Honestly I think the taming SS drops are okay. I have 5 and got all five of them in the past week, mostly this week and last weekend. However, what I find odd is that Skills Scrolls drop much more often on titans and lord mages much more than they do on Ancient Wyrms, Shadow Wyrms, Balrons, and even greater Blood elementals and yet those mobs are much harder than titans and mages.

Honestly I would think other mobs such as Fleshmender, Devourer of Souls, or Pyro Elementals would get SS drops rather than Mage lords.

What's funny is the Mages tower(s) in the fire dungeon are constantly camped by 4-5 people.

Azyan

Master
Yeah you guys are right I guess its better if taming stays super rare, but most of the guys saying us noobs are bitching are guys that have a gm tamer or 30 taming scrolls saved up already lol

Gedron

Master
Ya, I see what you're saying man. I have been working on other chars instead of farming on my tamer and it breaks the monotony of the farming grind. I don't just farm scrolls, btw. I just try to make the most out of my time, know what I mean?

I guess I was just used to getting a good bang for my farming buck and now that they've changed it up, I gotta adapt. No worries, like I said I was just venting a bit. I'm sure the expansion will be the shit.

Yeah I gotcha man. Sometimes I go stretches where it seems like I don't get shit. Some people's luck is different though, I have a buddy who has farmed tons of statues yet I've never even got one!

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think people tend to find correlations where none exist based on their streaks.

I got 8 taming SS in one day once. Yeah, I was hammering the dungeons off and on for like 10hrs mostly during off-peak hrs but still. I have also gone 10hrs of farming without any taming SS several times. I almost exclusively farm high % SS droppers.

Heck once I got two taming SS from one balron. I about shit.

milkyteat

Expert
I think people tend to find correlations where none exist based on their streaks.

I got 8 taming SS in one day once. Yeah, I was hammering the dungeons off and on for like 10hrs mostly during off-peak hrs but still. I have also gone 10hrs of farming without any taming SS several times. I almost exclusively farm high % SS droppers.

Heck once I got two taming SS from one balron. I about shit.

Word man. One of my guildies got 2 taming ss off a titan a while back...he almost shat himself too lol

It's just my perception that the ss drops and statue drops have changed. Maybe I'm just being bitchy and I need to get over myself and get back to the grind. heh Like I said, just needed to vent a bit. Life's been crazy both irl and in-game

Edit:
With that being said, I'VE REACHED 420 POSTS! LIGHT IT UP!

Azyan

Master
I like how some items are rare, it makes the game more interesting. Just frustrating, when like you said you farm for about 10-15 hours and you dont get anything worth while, except said gold. But my main question was did they change the rate or is it all urban legend?