What's up with the Champ Spawn?

_mag

Neophyte
Whats funny is that almost everyone else in this thread has said the game mechanics are fine, even if the tactics are lame. The main draw of a fel ruleset server is the risk versus reward factor adding to the excitement, allowing for the chance of other players affecting your gameplay experience in many ways. Whats the point of having all the rewards with no risk? Maybe they should just place a stone at brit bank that lets you choose whatever powerscroll you want whenever you want it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Whats funny is that almost everyone else in this thread has said the game mechanics are fine, even if the tactics are lame. The main draw of a fel ruleset server is the risk versus reward factor adding to the excitement, allowing for the chance of other players affecting your gameplay experience in many ways. Whats the point of having all the rewards with no risk? Maybe they should just place a stone at brit bank that lets you choose whatever powerscroll you want whenever you want it.
This sums it up. If you do not agree with the above please give the following a read (I know it's kind of wordy but I am a detail-oriented person, highlights have been bolded)

Without name dropping, here's champ spawn guilds in a nutshell on UO Forever:

-There's a handful of up and coming mass recruiting blue zerg guilds that are largely new to champs. Disorganized, don't do champs consistently, and get raided quite a bit. But still there are several of these guilds and they have numbers and probably drop a bunch of scrolls. I suspect many don't make it to market and stay within the guild, but that probably still leaves many scrolls going to market.

-There are a couple of guilds of dedicated and experienced champers that do them often and somewhat consistently. There are a couple guilds here that are responsible for a large large number of powerscrolls. They put many scrolls on the market.

-There are 3 basically pure PvP guilds that run factions/red mages almost exclusively that raid champs every now and again, but not consistently. One guild does raid consistently during the day because they are from the other side of the world compared to most of the population here, so often times they raid in numbers when those working the champ are few and are largely uncontested. Probably have dropped quite a few scrolls, almost all sold to market I would imagine.

-There's one four man guild of PvM'ers/dexxers with one of the best if not the best PvPers on UOF that raids champs consistently. They have dropped a fair amount of powerscrolls, but can only raid champs with so-so success because of their numbers and half their guild are also on when most people are not. They do, however, put a fair number of scrolls on the market.

-Oh and a few thieves that have made some good coin stealing PS's, but they aren't that active anymore I don't think. Anywho the mechanics that make champs risky all need to be considered here, as they have and should remain unchanged.

Without the latter of these guilds a mere handful of guilds would control almost all of the powerscrolls. This would be an economical problem. As it stands there is a split pot between guilds working champs and guilds raiding champs. Since there are no PvP powerscrolls here that means those raiding PvP guilds are putting a lot of scrolls on the market ensuring good competition to keep the cost of scrolls affordable.

Furthermore, we do not ever want to discourage PvP in any way because eventually that breaks the game. And this is coming from someone who mostly PvMs and does champs all the goddamn time (except for lately) lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Gedron

Master
I have an idea that will make everyone happy.

Lets make a rule set that does not allow non-consensual PVP. We can call it Lemmart....

But seriously, leave champs the way they are. Don't ask for justice on people that "screw up your groove", get justice yourself.

I can only assume this was pointed towards my post due to the verbiage. I am advocating for MORE pvp at champs. Having everyone turn grey when the champ is activated would accomplish this.

Other than that, things are fine. I would like to see all of them implemented and the justice system return, which sounds like it's already being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only assume this was pointed towards my post due to the verbiage. I am advocating for MORE pvp at champs. Having everyone turn grey when the champ is activated would accomplish this.

Other than that, things are fine. I would like to see all of them implemented and the justice system return, which sounds like it's already being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved the justice system...