What is your favorite in-game city or "hometown"?

Dupster

Apprentice
lol the cloth map! I found that in a box about 4 months ago and after failing to logon to my 15+ year old origin UO account I ended up here......

Tylerium

Apprentice
Minoc when I first started OSI T2A era on Napa Valley. I remember being a noob miner, just like a lot of other people on this thread. Getting tricked into going grey and then getting my ass beaten by dexers. I eventually gave up on mining and starting venturing to the north of Minoc to fight all the monsters. I got my first house just north of Minoc, and that character eventually turned into a tank mage. This is crazy but I had a female character and I married a male character in the game and had a whole ceremony and everything, tons of people were there. I only did it so I could blindly loot his house, which I totally did and made a few mil, then didn't play that character for months. I eventually became a red and started using speedhack and got banned. Haha scumbag teenage me... Good times.

When I ran my own server, I often chilled unhidden in the Star Room. Sometimes players would find me and chat.

On UOG: uoforever, I was a dirtbag banksitter and thief, so West Britain was always home

On UO:F: Moonglow is my hometown now. I have always liked MG, especially for macroing and mage characters. I have two houses directly outside of the east town gate. Love the close moongate and all the mage shops for regs, rarely thieves around, unless it's me :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyxx

Expert
Skara Brae, my first town and still my hometown. :p My fond memories are playing as a 12 year old and asking people what LOL meant. Also rofl, btw and so on - all the English abbreviations that I didn't know, especially as English isn't my first language.

Then I have fond memories of picking up discarded armor at the bank, and all kinds of other junk I picked up, feeling it was treasure.

Then I have fond memories of training my thief by stealing from the crates in the provinsioners' shop. The thief character became my main char and the one I had the best fun with by far.

Today, I mainly use skara for stabling my tamer's pet and banking, since the two buildings are right next to each other. :)

My second favourite town is Moonglow, where all the cool banksitters used to sit back then on the Europa shard. I also remember picking cotton and selling it, great stuff. And i remember fighting at the graveyard, and my first guild I participated in had its guildhouse in Moonglow, and I played with Machalite (guy) and Diodra (girl) - yeah, I still remember their names, even though it's been more than 15 years. Crazy shit.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Skara Brae is the best utility city in the game as far as I'm concerned. Your stable is right next to the bank (I don't even tame), you've got 2 (3?) mage shops very close by along with a weapon/armor shop to sell to and just about every NPC you could ever need save for a few that are maybe only available in Britain/Buc's Den.