What affects "to hit" for archery?

Just wondered, what stats/skills affect the "to hit" chance in Archery? Is it purely Archery skill level?

Also,
If you had to sacrifice either tactics or anatomy as an archer which would it be?

Geriatric

Expert
it would have to be anatomy
tactics i believe is 100% boost to damage
where as anatomy is only a 20 or 30% boost to damage
don't quote me on it
but if your going for a magery based template like say
mage med eval resist wrestle archery tactics
its fine
but if your primary source of damage is going to be archery
you would want the healing skill and by association anatomy is an absolute must

Thanks, so just archery skill for hit % chance...

Does anything else affect this? Like whether the bow is exceptional or worn, hunger? Anything like that?

Yagyu

Adept
it would have to be anatomy
tactics i believe is 100% boost to damage
where as anatomy is only a 20 or 30% boost to damage
don't quote me on it
but if your going for a magery based template like say
mage med eval resist wrestle archery tactics
its fine
but if your primary source of damage is going to be archery
you would want the healing skill and by association anatomy is an absolute must

You dont need wrestling on an archery build for ANY reason, terrible advice! Cmon dont just guess and give people such bad advice.

Tactics for archery is accuracy, and anatomy is damage.

eval + anatomy = defensive wrestling

dont use archery if you wont have both tactics and anatomy

archery, mage, resist, med, eval, tactics, anat is a great spec especially for champs.

CVegas

Grandmaster
Doesn't food affect accuracy, as well? I may be wrong but I always seem to hit more when i'm full.

halygon

Grandmaster
Wow.. you guys are all over the place. Heres the run down:

Archery Skill - Affects the hit ratio (at GM, you have approximately 50% chance to hit the other place, assuming they are also GM in wrestling or a weapon skill)
Tactics - Big Damage bonus Modifier.
Anatomy - Small Damage bonus Modifier, but still very worth having

Any bows/xbows/heavy xbows that has an accuracy modifier will increase ARCHERY SKILL instead of TACTICS. This means that accuracy bonuses on weapons actually give a better hit ratio. (This is different from all other weapons -- like @Greed said, the accuracy modifier for non-archery weapons gives a bonus to the TACTICS skill. This means the accuracy modifier is actually just a damage modifer)

To answer you other question, if you had to sacrifice something of the three skills, it would be anatomy.

Geriatric

Expert
You dont need wrestling on an archery build for ANY reason, terrible advice! Cmon dont just guess and give people such bad advice.

Tactics for archery is accuracy, and anatomy is damage.

eval + anatomy = defensive wrestling

dont use archery if you wont have both tactics and anatomy

archery, mage, resist, med, eval, tactics, anat is a great spec especially for champs.

you dont need wrestling on archery build because of the eval + anatomy thing ive been here 3 months now and i still keep forgetting that
but you are dead wrong in saying tactics for archery is accuracy
tactics does not help you hit the target at all