Welp, that's all for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thryn

Adept
Hey friends,

Long story short.

Last night I hung out with someone whom claimed they were a real life friend. Added me to a party. Said they were him. Hung out for like 4 hours. Talked, acted, and reacted like they do. Spent donation coins like he would have. We put him together an outfit to rock.

We suited him up. He asked to try on my new Jet Black Mask. Sure, why not. Mika apron, sure. Reptalon, yeah. He's been a friend for years. Blaze sandals. I laugh and say it'll take 10mil to get me to put them in the trade window. Whatever, he's my friend Jason. I know him in real life. I give them to him.

He runs around. Tries different pieces on.

Then runs out the door.

I say I'm going to bed, it's late. He says "omw. lol."

[Party Disbanded]

Facebook Jason. He's not awake. Start blowing him up asking if we just hung out for the last hours. He says no.

Oops.

Well played, Demented.

It was good getting to know everyone here, but it seems my time has officially passed.

<3 :) Hero By Choice

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
?? when the heck did this happen? after we were in the clubhouse at yew bank?

for what its worth, I've had two people walk up to me in as many days,

they start with ''hey man its me''

then it's '' do you know who i am?''
trying to get me to be like Yo billy? u my bro billy rite? here hold these checks for me

naw dawg
i always walk away from this shit but for what its worth, i hope gms check speech logs and figure out who it is.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah man peopleare shady dude. Dontstress it man. Justa game. If u r quiting ill take some stuff if i handing it out. Could use some training money lol. Fuk the the expensive cloths

Got me a few weeks ago as well haha. I wasn't even mad. I obviously lost far less in total value as a new guy, but I was impressed by the scam, I had been away so long, I had forgotten all about things like this. And GMs checking the logs won't do anything, as long as the scam was conducted entirely in game, it is fully legal, and should remain so.

City Slicker

Journeyman
People like this are usually the ones who would invent the atom bomb. If what you are saying is all true I feel for ya man. That does suck. Especially when were talking $$$$$$....but what I want to know is if this guy knew that you knew a *jason* or was it random.... or is he really your friend jason? City slicker==== sent from google.space~nest°° labs EIOK6●65£¥ tap tapap dancin the talk​

Gore

Adept
Scamming to that magnitude should definitely be a banable offense. UO isn't some new game that can just magically get new people to join everyday(although Shane is doing a pretty good job getting new people), it's an old game that needs the dedicated players to stick with it to help it thrive. When someone loses well over a mil worth of stuff..... well yeah. Threads like this pop up. It's just not a good thing to have players like that on this server. They contribute nothing.

A lot in this game contributes to nothing. Scammers were always part of uo. But then again the magnitude if this scam is quite big yeah. Very offensive.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Riversilk

Master
What the hell are you talking about?
Scamming like this happens in real life too, and you want to ban it from UO???
And then leave all the assassins around?

lol

props to them, they must be good to have succedeed in such accomplishment!
And Thryn, sorry to say that , but you seem a little naive to let them to scam you like this... cmon a friend of yours magically appears on uo asking to try on all your expensive stuff and you don't even check him on skype/irc/teamspeak/facebook? :S

He said he was talking with the scamner for hours and that he acted as expected. Im not surprised one falls to that.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Fenix

Journeyman
It sucks getting scammed no doubt. I'll acknowledge that when ppl leave bc of it that's a bad thing. However, how far down the rabbit-hole do you go? I find scamming (as long as it's not an exploit) a necessary evil in this game, and if you whip out the ban-hammer for every douche that does something unsavory to another player while still in the realm of legal game mechanics you risk losing even more players. Scamming (although often on a larger scale) in my eyes is not really much worse than stealing or murdering (which are otherwise completely acceptable actions that wont drive ppl away?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kairus

Adept
wtf this guy's items should be given back... thats a huge scam. btw was there maker's mark etc on some of things u gave to him? so we can identify Who the scammer is maybe...

Nubby

Apprentice
Social engineering 101. It's embarrassing you even addmited this on the forum. I would have just farmed the $$ back and kept it to myself. It's pretty bad if you confuse someone irl in the game. And now you're quitting over it? He got you haha, get some heart, man up and log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.