Weapon speed: Kryss VS Katana

tangar

Novice
Kryss has to be fastest weapon. Why?

1) When you look at people who use 1-h weapons (mainly with nox dexxer) - most of them using swords. Because there are LOADS of bladed sword so this type of weapon is CHEAP. Even loads of 1-h swords...

1-h swords:

Broadsword
Cutlass
Katana
Longsword
Scimitar
Skinning Knife
Viking Sword

Fencing:

dagger
kryss
war fork

See the difference? If we have such situation, where is fencing benefits?

2) But 1-h fencing weapons is cruelly underestimated. Kryss is slower than katana! People who use poisoned weapons FOR SURE would prefer swordsmanship - a lot of choice AND it has fastest weapon in the game. I'm not talking about forkers - its like club of interest. Low speed can't compare to katanas.

3) If we would speak about 2-h weapons.. Para blow is nice, yeah. But so much people use 2-h axes with lumberjacking with HUGE dmg bonus and Conc Blow is nice too. So if 1-h Fencing weapon would have more speed, 2-h balance wouldn't be touched.

So. My proposal - to make kryss fastest weapon in game. It would be fair. EVEN lets add to katanas a bit more damage, but give kryss more speed! There would be more builds around. More nox build dexxers (at least someone!) would prefer fencing.

p.s.
Another thing is about daggers and swords knifes.. But lets put it to later discussion, kryss VS katana is more urgent right now.

tangar

Novice
Everything is fine as is

I think you using swords and have nice collection of katanas :) Yeah, for you its fine hehe

Its kinda obvious that most of old players sitting on "katanas heroin" and do not want to change that situation. But I belive it would be more good for build diversity.

Cack

Grandmaster
Kryss has to be fastest weapon. Why?

1) When you look at people who use 1-h weapons (mainly with nox dexxer) - most of them using swords. Because there are LOADS of bladed sword so this type of weapon is CHEAP. Even loads of 1-h swords...

1-h swords:

Broadsword
Cutlass
Katana
Longsword
Scimitar
Skinning Knife
Viking Sword

Fencing:

dagger
kryss
war fork

See the difference? If we have such situation, where is fencing benefits?

2) But 1-h fencing weapons is cruelly underestimated. Kryss is slower than katana! People who use poisoned weapons FOR SURE would prefer swordsmanship - a lot of choice AND it has fastest weapon in the game. I'm not talking about forkers - its like club of interest. Low speed can't compare to katanas.

3) If we would speak about 2-h weapons.. Para blow is nice, yeah. But so much people use 2-h axes with lumberjacking with HUGE dmg bonus and Conc Blow is nice too. So if 1-h Fencing weapon would have more speed, 2-h balance wouldn't be touched.

So. My proposal - to make kryss fastest weapon in game. It would be fair. EVEN lets add to katanas a bit more damage, but give kryss more speed! There would be more builds around. More nox build dexxers (at least someone!) would prefer fencing.

p.s.
Another thing is about daggers and swords knifes.. But lets put it to later discussion, kryss VS katana is more urgent right now.
Get out

Hunter-

Grandmaster
Kryss a little bit slower but have average damage 15 katana little bit faster but average damage 14

Katana 3d8+2 (5-26) speed 58
Kryss 1d26+2 (3-28) speed 53

Katana ≈ Kryss

halygon

Grandmaster
Katana has consistent damage and higher speed

Kryss is slightly slower and has more randomized damage due to the dice. This also means that it is entirely possible to hit harder more often than the more averaged damage of the katana.

Its been this way for a loong time and its pretty good as is. You should also take into account the war fork, which is a beast of a 1v1 weapon.

Hunter-

Grandmaster
UO dont have bad weapons
half year ago i am have one hand macer build, very cool
azria and kaz run out from me:)

but katana my choice today

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I love my nox-fencer. But in my opinion kryss is a very disappointing weapon. I always roll with a fork. But I do wish kryss was somewhat better.

But having said that, in a generalized statement....its all goOod

The damage of a kryss being all over the map was always my problem. I usually went Fork for 1h, but 75% of the time I'd be using my Long Spear. My most successful PvP character was GM Mace/Fencing. Using the Long Spear most of the time, but switching out to a War Axe for heavy potion quaffing and Dex vs Dex battles. The thing I miss the most when playing UO Forever is not being able to poison my Long Spear