Was Olivier trying to rip me off? PC these scrolls please.

Lobber

Adept
  1. 105 blacksmith - 50k
  2. 110 blacksmith - 200k
  3. 115 blacksmith - 350k
  4. 105 tailoring - 30k
  5. 110 carpentry - 100k
  6. 115 carpentry
Adding values as I go.

Last edited by a moderator:

tankian

Grandmaster
i have bought and seen many 105 smithy for 50k to 100k
110 carp for no more than 100k
others not sure of

Messremb

Grandmaster
115 smith I paid 375k about 1 months ago. seen them for sale for 300-350k. the 110 BS goes for about 200k. I haven't yet seen a 105 BS for 50k but I paid 125k a month ago so 100k seems more accurate.

115 carp I paid about 175k a month ago. if anything the price on these has dropped.

I would say the price is about 800-900k for the above PS and tailoring and carp are low demand and hard to sell.

***Edit***
I would also add that based of my interaction with Oliver I don't think he was intentionally ripping you off. over pricing PS is a common mistake in a fluctuating market. a month ago his prices would have been more accurate. in a week my prices could be way under or way over.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I would also add that based of my interaction with Oliver I don't think he was intentionally ripping you off. over pricing PS is a common mistake in a fluctuating market. a month ago his prices would have been more accurate. in a week my prices could be way under or way over.

I too have had nothing but positive dealings with Olivier. He's always been honest about the range at which he prices his powerscrolls. I find the title of this thread to be unnecessarily slanderous.

it is a question... the nature of the question does not make this slanderous at all. leave the man be.

i still dont see all of those ps's adding up to 1.2 mil however.

maybe 1 mil max, and that is not for low prices.

Lobber

Adept
I like Olivier, he is a good guy. He has good sales. I just feel that he over estimated the value of his trade, and I didn't want to accept this as a bid. If it was a gold bid, I would have accepted no question. I am not accusing him of being a scammer, I am simply asking if those scrolls are worth what he said they were worth.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Aye, agreed Lobber. the 105 BS and 105 tailor are pretty good prices. I tried to buy a 115 tailor from him and he wanted 550k. We just both went our separate ways and I was able to get one for much cheaper. But if you believe you can sell something for more than what's offered, who wouldn't hold out and wait? :)

You know, in all honesty, a thing is worth as much as a seller and a buyer feel it's worth, especially here of all places. So, no matter what Olie says a thing he's selling is worth, you either accept it or don't and if you find out later that you overpayed for that current economy, well, you scammed yourself. It doesn't matter what pillow talk comes with an item being sold, if you weren't hacked and someone spent all your gold, then that means you the buyer are still the one at the keyboard agreeing on the price. If your really sensitive to the values, I'd say you were scamming for the price you were selling your items at. An honest seller should have a vendor with set prices, not trying to set up public or private sales here or on any other forum. And if your items sell really quickly adjust the price until they can't sell, and then back it down to a price that moves your inventory at a rate you want. Or do your auctions in game in auction house setting.....good grief.

Olivier

Master
Aye, agreed Lobber. the 105 BS and 105 tailor are pretty good prices. I tried to buy a 115 tailor from him and he wanted 550k. We just both went our separate ways and I was able to get one for much cheaper. But if you believe you can sell something for more than what's offered, who wouldn't hold out and wait? :)
I've never charged more than 450 for 115 tailoring scroll. If you got it elsewhere for cheaper than it's good for you, but 450 is still what they sell for.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I must admit I've always been satisfied doing any business with Olivier. His prices aren't low, nor high. They are fair.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oliver is legit, powerscrolls can be tough to price even when you are selling them as you get them.

But with Olivier we have to take into account that he has a revolving door of hundred and fifty PS's that he has been working with for months...lol there's gonna be some highs and lows in there from time to time.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
A 15 % increase in th price of a PS cannot really be called a rip off... It can just be because that specific week, noone else was selling... as some weeks, you're gonna lose 100k trying to sell your PS in a rush.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Never said he was ripping me off. i said we went our separate ways and if he can sell at that price, great. we'd all do it. anyway, i'll drop it. i just wanted to say how his prices are generally good and i just didn't buy a 115 tailor ps from him. given that i paid almost 450k for mine, i would have bought it if thats what was actually typed.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
All I gotta say about this...

Is...

Who fucking cares? You declined his bid. Game over. Move on. No one was trying to fuck anyone, it is just the way powerscrolls work.

Which btw, I told you Lobber when he first offered it, that if I was you.. I wouldn't accept Pscrolls as trade because they fluctuate so much and carp scrolls aren't really worth a damn thing because no one can ever sell them. So *I TOLD YOU SO* hahaha.

Srsly though, the only thing wrong in this situation... is that such a big deal was made of it. After the circus that is your selling thread... I don't think it needed to be brought up in a different thread all together. All you are really doing by dragging this out is making yourself look silly.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
^--- lolz.... why was a totally separate thread made for this? furthermore - why ask everyone for their opinion? If you thought he was giving you a bad deal - why not just walk away and decline his offer? Nopeee.. you have to go make a big deal of something so small, as usual.