WARNING! All items can be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin Joseph

I recently purchased $75.00 worth of donations to accommodate exactly the donation items I needed for 2 of my characters. I was at Brit Bank organizing the items and placing them into a bag to transfer to my second character. Literally within seconds, two items I had placed in the bag were stolen. I am very, very angry that my hard earned cash, which was used in both to support the server and my aesthetics in the game were taken away so easily, without any proper warning or reminder of the risk in which stealing in the game works.

I will not be donating again, which I had planned to. So for a warning to all, blessed items placed in a bag other than your initial default bag will result in the risk of being stolen by a player with the stealing skill. This server has so many thieves at Brit Bank, I warn you to be very cautious.

If I had missed a warning on the uo forever site that warns about placing blessed or donation items in other bags, please point that out and maybe make the warning more apparent, and if there is not one, please could you make one very clear before purchasing. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jin Joseph

Placing blessed items into a bag other than your backpack, has always been stealable even on OSI.
Doesn't mean a warning should not be in place for those who spend actual real life currency on in-game items. This is something I have never been aware of or after a decade of not playing did not remember.

This is just a rant and a warning, and not to deter anyone from donating, I encourage others to donate, just be warned, that is all. Hopefully this post will save others from what I've gone through and prevent others who spend real life currency on items to lose them so quickly through in-game mechanics such as stealing.

Killjoy-

Master
You're title is donation items can be stolen. They cannot, your dono items weren't stolen the bag you put them in was stolen.

Cleper

Journeyman
This server has so many thieves at Brit Bank, I warn you to be very cautious.

There is a safe zone inside West Britain Bank and also on the roof. Thieves can't steal from you there, and they were actually complaining when this was implemented.

Sorry for your loss.

JoeB

Adept
I changed the title of your thread to a more accurate description. While you say this is not aimed to deter people from donating it still has a feeling like it does. I respect the fact that you want players to be aware of this though.

The only intervention staff can play when it comes to another player getting donation coins or items is if a player scammed for donation items or coins. Also they used donation items/coins to scam with. That is stated in our terms of use. I am sorry that this happened to you but, it is something that in game we just could not fairly intervene on.

A player used in game mechanic to steal a Blessed item from you. As stated above by another player this is a mechanic that has existed in Ultima Online for a very long time. It has always existed on this shard and it is listed in our wiki along with many threads by players.

Please see our wiki as an example of where this mechanic is addressed:
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stealing

Please use the Discord/Forums/Wiki/Faqs as well as asking players in game and paging in as your resource of UO:F knowledge. We have tons of staff who know the ins an outs of this shard as well as a player base that has been here since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.