Viability of Melee Vs. Magic and Archery

Esgothara

I was just wondering is a pure melee character even viable with all the spell casters out there? Alot of the PVP I see is rapid movement and zig zagging with spell casters popping off a spell and running off again. Thanks for your thoughts

Xonryz

Apprentice
If you can learn to play a dexxer (melee) effectively, they are VERY powerful.

Magery is *easy* to play effectively but that's not to say it's the most effective way to play.

Group PVP usually consists of mages because you can just run into people with precasted spells and kill them with no effort.

Edit: Dexxer, I guess, isn't just for melee - high-dexterity build increases attack speed, so it can be an archery template also. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of archery for a solo pvp build, but there are a few guilds of stealth archers set up- pop out of the shadows and do a lot of damage to one target quickly. Archery is not a bad choice against mages because unlike melee, you don't need to aim as much. But the slower speeds give them more time to counter you, whereas with melee you'll interrupt many of their spells, and can even poison them which will give you additional time to act. You're kind of a sitting duck against a melee opponent because it will be tough to finish them off before they reach you, as you need to stop running briefly to fire arrows.

I'd recommend trying to get into a CTF game and try out different templates, but I have no clue if there's a schedule, I've only ever seen one game running and I've been keeping an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator: