Vet timer

Nukeworker

Apprentice
hi guys i have a classical mage Tamer and i want to know where i can get Infos about the vet timer? I heard it was dex based? as my Tamer only has 85 med (due to taming and lore) i was thinking about joggling my stats a bit..lowering int a Little bit and getting more dex. So where is the next step on the vet timer? is that at 50 perhaps?

thestand

Grandmaster
It is not dex based. It takes 4-5 seconds per vet.
You sure? I don't have a vet on this shard but on other shards 25 dex would have a 5 sec bandage time and something like 35-50 dex would be 3-4 sec bandage time.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Yes he is sure. im fairly sure it is not dex based. I checked it to an extend, mind you I nvr raised it super high to test it but I did raise it to around 40-50 with no dif so I coounted out that it scaled with dex and went back down.

good question, tbh, because we all know dex affects healing bandage rates, but i never thought dex had an effect on veterinary. as far as i know its always been 5 second bandys for pets.

Nukeworker

Apprentice
thx for the info guys i did raise my dex a bit so after a bless i exactly have 50 dex..and i have a erm Feeling it does vet faster? I think the Magic number is 50...but not sure will continue testing

Bromista

Grandmaster
I heard the timer was DEX based but shrugged it off because STR and INT are far more important to a tamer. Spot gheals and cures or even railing gheals inbetween bandages goes beyond what a second per bandage would accomplish, if you ask me. This is assuming having a mana pool of 100 vs only 40 (I'm assuming you would have no less than 40 INT or else you're a crazy person)

Having 120 lore for bigger heals sure does add up...and a second per bandage would have a similar effect...but would not be worth it at the cost of having a smaller mana pool I wouldn't think.

What kind of mage tamer are you running anyway, what are your other skills? Mage med eval resist? I assume this is the classic mage tamer build? I ask because I don't generally run standard templates and I certainly don't build my tamers like most folks do.

Last edited by a moderator: