Various random questions about game mechanics

kethinov

Novice
Been trying to get answers to these questions looking at the FAQ and searching the forums but I'm not getting clear answers on some things:

1. Skill cap: FAQ says it's 720. Does that mean I can be 7x100 + an eighth skill at 20? Or does it only allow 6x100 + 1x120?

2. Is there a list of which starting skills produce which newbie items?

3. What are paragons?

4. Since there are no veteran rewards, how do you get the various speciality dye tubs? e.g. leather dye tub, special dye tub, furniture dye tub, runebook dye tub, etc. Same for items commonly associated with vet rewards like ethereal mounts, statues, AR-giving robes/cloaks, etc.

5. There's lots of strange money on this server. What are platinum coins? What are trash tokens? What are "forever donation coins?" What are they used for and how do you get each of these? And are there other kinds of money I haven't seen yet?

6. Where can I find a complete list of animals / monsters, their spawn locations, whether they're tameable, taming difficulty, barding difficulty, stats etc.

7. What are dragon hatchlings and other hatchlings I've seen people walking around with?

8. Custom houses can apparently be bigger than 18x18 on this server? What are the limits?

9. What is the complete list of skills that can be upped to 120 with power scrolls?

10. What are the benefits of having 120 skill on a per skill basis?

Here are the skills that can be upped to 120 via power scrolls that I have so far confirmed via the forums:

- Animal Lore / Animal Taming: I assume some tameables require higher than 100 skill? Which ones?
- Blacksmithing / Carpentry / Tailoring / Tinkering: Some craftable items require more than 100 skill? Which ones?
- Lumberjacking: Does this do more damage in PVP at 120? Or are there other benefits?
- Inscription: Does magic reflect reflect more spells at 120? Are there additional craftables at 120?
- Peacemaking / Provocation: I assume 120 peace/provo is primarily to reduce barding difficulty?
- Mining: What does 120 mining get you?
- Fishing: What does 120 fishing get you?

Dellan

Grandmaster
I will try to answer some questions, not sure on others:

1. You have 700 skill points cap by default, and 20+ for one skill if you eat powerscrolls, thus raising your cap to 720.

2. Not on our wiki I guess, but google it up, there are sites that offer this info.

3. Stronger version of monster (often much stronger) that drops more gold and has chance of spawning special chest (needs to be lockpicked) with tmap, items, gold, platinum coins and whatnot.

4. Vendors at brit bank - some are payed with dono coins, some with platinum and others with normal gold.

5. Above explains what these are for, trash tokens are from old event (no longer available I think), dono coins you get if you donate cash to server (but people sell them on vendors for normal gold)

6. Uuuh.. Ask around forums or in game.

7. Tamer specialty called meta-pets, hatched from rare eggs (no idea where these come from), have to be trained through their stages, powerful bastards when they reach the top.

8. Not sure.

9. Pretty much every skill except pvp ones.

10. Taming: beetles, meta-pets and other high end tamables
Bs: some items, platemail comes on my mind
Lj: only for wood harvest, pvp bonus is capped at 100
Inscript: no, only for crafting
Peace/provo: yes
Mining: better smelting (chance to smelt all ore at once with possibility to get 2x ingots, with better ore)
Fish: uuuh, dunno

Young Star

Grandmaster
For the 720 skill cap it can be any combination of skill once you get a 120 powerscroll. In order to use a 120 though you have to get 105, 110, and 115. You can't just jump right to 120. You also have to be at that given skill cap before you can use the next level up. So for mining you have to be GM before you can eat a 105. Then raise mining to 105 before you can eat a 110 and so on. You don't have to keep the skill once you reach your cap if you really don't want to. Some people level up a skill just to get the +20 skill cap then completely retool their template to take advantage of the extra 20 somewhere else.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
  1. Start with a cap of 700 points split between your skills. You can eat (in order) +5, +10, +15, +20 each adding 5 points to your overall skill cap. Ex. Music +5 lets you raise music to 105. AFTER you reach 105 you can eat a +10 increasing your cap (in music) to 110. You can use these extra points in any skill though. Ex. Get music to 100, eat a +5 (increasing cap to 705 points) then use those 5 points to gain in another skill that is under 100, going from 80 magery to 85. There are people who will get a skill all the way to 120 just to drop that skill so their template can have 720 skill points.
  2. Google will help, but not really worth the time. There isn't any starting gear that would be better then gear picked up from a town vendor. I figure you are after the newbie leather tunic and gloves, use the fighter template when creating a character.
  3. Scary ass boosted versions for the normal monster, has a chance to spawn a chest after death. They track farther then normal mobs, have boosted stats, move faster, and hit harder. Watch out for paragon Dragons and their insta-targeting. Look Here
  4. Dono Vendors around the Brit Bank and Newbie Dungeon. Vet rewards are distributed based on play time and not account age.
  5. Previously answered better then I can
  6. Google, but that info won't help too much. Will just give you an idea. For example, back in the day the area in the South East of Moonglow was known as Hind Valley because the ridiculous amount of deer there. Doesn't exist on this server.
  7. Meta Pets/Steeds
  8. One of the Tier Donation rewards is to connect 2 18x18's you can also place a 30x30 custom house (think all those spots are currently occupied though)
  9. Skills Listing
  10. Previously answered
WIKI LINK