Updating castle,small stone keep, and large tower secures

These are some of the most expensive Buildings in the game but yet they are lacking storage. Might I suggest updating them to make them more desirable for those of us that own them? I laid a small stone keep thinking I would be able to store so much in it just to find out it only has 18 secures max... placed with the placement tool for 1,325,200 but when i found out the about the 18 max secures I regretted it ever since. Now I know I can buy storage upgrades but for how much these buildings cost they really should come with more secures I really don't even care about the lock downs... there is plenty of them IMO. I also know with 18 x18's building them up can be a lot of $$ but you are not forced to build and you still have WAY MORE secures than the castle type buildings which IMO doesn't add up! Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this needs to be changed?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
well castle def has more storage than an 18x18 but yeah it's a pain for people who aren't organized.

I've had many castles over the years, so I'm used to it, and just not sure how they could change the way classic storage works at this point without screwing up and having everyones stuff disintegrate. Probably a way to do it tho.

Try to consider that yeah, the storage isn't too awesome, but there are a ton of perks here on UOF that other shards dont have. Like the ability to gate from inside, where people get booted out that aren't friends if your house is private. Or secure doors on classics. Or house to house teleporters. Or cellars. Or ladders... Just so many things to be happy about already, I think that's why nobody's really brought it up.

Classics also allow full storage to be used as lockdowns by default, whereas custom houses only allow half of the total storage to be used as lockdown by default. I'll give you kids a freebie since I'm easily the greatest UO house designer/decorator to ever live. If you buy the 500k house storage increase deed, it will allow full storage to be used as lockdowns on a custom house. Not bad, right? No need to thank me.

By the by, if anyone should happen to need help with their storage of classic homes, I will gladly come and reduce practically all your lockdowns/secures, for a fee proportionate to the amount of storage reduced, at any time. Just shoot me a PM. I promise by the time I'm done, you'll have practically nothing to lose. It's a sure bet.

well castle def has more storage than an 18x18 but yeah it's a pain for people who aren't organized.

I've had many castles over the years, so I'm used to it, and just not sure how they could change the way classic storage works at this point without screwing up and having everyone's stuff disintegrate. Probably a way to do it tho.

Try to consider that yeah, the storage isn't too awesome, but there are a ton of perks here on UOF that other shards don't have. Like the ability to gate from inside, where people get booted out that aren't friends if your house is private. Or secure doors on classics. Or house to house teleporters. Or cellars. Or ladders... Just so many things to be happy about already, I think that's why nobody's really brought it up.

Classics also allow full storage to be used as lockdowns by default, whereas custom houses only allow half of the total storage to be used as lockdown by default. I'll give you kids a freebie since I'm easily the greatest UO house designer/decorator to ever live. If you buy the 500k house storage increase deed, it will allow full storage to be used as lockdowns on a custom house. Not bad, right? No need to thank me.

By the by, if anyone should happen to need help with their storage of classic homes, I will gladly come and reduce practically all your lockdowns/secures, for a fee proportionate to the amount of storage reduced, at any time. Just shoot me a PM. I promise by the time I'm done, you'll have practically nothing to lose. It's a sure bet.

Woa! You strayed far from the main subject there for a moment " Try to consider that yeah, the storage isn't too awesome, but there are a ton of perks here on UOF that other shards don't have. Like the ability to gate from inside, where people get booted out that aren't friends if your house is private. Or secure doors on classics. Or house to house teleporters. Or cellars. Or ladders... Just so many things to be happy about already, I think that's why nobody's really brought it up."
That is really irrelevant to what I was suggesting, and while these are nice perks, I would still rather have more secures than lockdowns! Lockdowns are too unreliable. You forget to lock a chest down with a ton of expensive stuff in it you're going to feel bad for days and this has already happened to me or say you go to lock it down but you miss click. Lockdowns suck IMHO. Look at what they came out with for people who leave their pet's out overnight by MISTAKE, they can now extend the unbonding time up to 24 hours. You know what I would even be happy with stuff not decaying inside your house for 24 hours if you don't lock something down by mistake, hell I would even pay for an item off the dono vendor to make this possible for my house! So i am sorry we do not see eye to eye on this one. Besides it is only a suggestion, that is what this forum is for right? Post stuff you want to see changed and I still want to see this changed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Just trying to give you reasons to be optimistic.

I would like to say though that the idea behind the bonus default lockdowns perk is that castles, keeps, large marbles are great for showcasing your pixels more than living out of, and the smaller classics are more for broke players who cant afford to customize. And then on the really high end you can place a 30x30 instead of a castle which works about the same way. Especially if you use the trick I've listed above, you're welcome btw.

Maybe what they really ought to do is make a 24x24 custom, which some players might be able to place instead of a keep.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
These are some of the most expensive Buildings in the game but yet they are lacking storage. Might I suggest updating them to make them more desirable for those of us that own them? I laid a small stone keep thinking I would be able to store so much in it just to find out it only has 18 secures max... placed with the placement tool for 1,325,200 but when i found out the about the 18 max secures I regretted it ever since. Now I know I can buy storage upgrades but for how much these buildings cost they really should come with more secures I really don't even care about the lock downs... there is plenty of them IMO. I also know with 18 x18's building them up can be a lot of $$ but you are not forced to build and you still have WAY MORE secures than the castle type buildings which IMO doesn't add up! Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this needs to be changed?

Yeah I don't see a whole lot of reason why classic houses should have less storage than customs.

Moreover, if classic houses had as much storage, we'd see more of them out there instead of the empty plots and customs that look like hammered dog shit (as someone in another thread aptly described them).