UOSteam has been updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it got disabled? I haven't downloaded Steam yet, but I know that you could only resize the game window if you were logged out.

This is my first time using steam. So far there are a few things I like about it, and a whole lot I can't stand. I think the whole macro system with steam is way over complicated. Razor's macro system was, yes, a bit more generic, but if you thought through what you wanted to do, you could create amazing macros very easily.

It was also much eaisier to trouble shoot issues in your macro. I've tried copying in a few macros from the steam forums, and I can't get any of them to work. Idk if it's because functionality has been disabled from our particular server, or if there is something wrong in the macro.

bane

Master
This is my first time using steam. So far there are a few things I like about it, and a whole lot I can't stand. I think the whole macro system with steam is way over complicated. Razor's macro system was, yes, a bit more generic, but if you thought through what you wanted to do, you could create amazing macros very easily.

It was also much eaisier to trouble shoot issues in your macro. I've tried copying in a few macros from the steam forums, and I can't get any of them to work. Idk if it's because functionality has been disabled from our particular server, or if there is something wrong in the macro.
Essentially if you any programming or scripting experience macros in Steam are much easier and more intuitive than Razor macros. If your only experience with macros is Razor then of course Razor will make more sense to you.

I would recommend you stick with Steam and maybe read up on some basic scripting concepts. It is much easier to create complex macros in Steam than Razor so in the long run it will be beneficial to be good with Steam.

Kiki

Grandmaster
Would like to know if the reintroduction of Steam means that the ability for people to auto place houses at idocs is possible again. Since it was taken out, idocs are a fastest finger game like it should be. If the new idoc rules come into play, and steam allows a placement script, then the script kiddies are going to run rampant again.

@Shane @Carl @Alan @Adam can you shed any light on this? Cheers.

halygon

Grandmaster
Sweet news guys.. Thanks for updating the community.

I would like to know which features were disabled so I know whether or not my client is functioning correctly and so I know what macro functions may be used.

Adrenalin

Neophyte
Okay guys, Where is the fault in my process?

Downloaded Steam, a week ago, started it today and updated it however I don't see UO Forever as a server option.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it so I can log into UO Forever?

In the Launcher, all I see fo Server options are ********; Demise (ML), uoforever (UOR), revelation (Custom) and Zenvera UOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys, Where is the fault in my process?

Downloaded Steam, a week ago, started it today and updated it however I don't see UO Forever as a server option.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it so I can log into UO Forever?

In the Launcher, all I see fo Server options are ********; Demise (ML), uoforever (UOR), revelation (Custom) and Zenvera UOR.

You need to put in the Uo Forever server info just as if you were using razor.

login.uoforever.com Port ****

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Would like to know if the reintroduction of Steam means that the ability for people to auto place houses at idocs is possible again. Since it was taken out, idocs are a fastest finger game like it should be. If the new idoc rules come into play, and steam allows a placement script, then the script kiddies are going to run rampant again.

@Shane @Carl @Alan @Adam can you shed any light on this? Cheers.

Bumping. Although I'm outta the profession now, this is a very good question. (Didn't even know steam users were doing this until I was recently informed)
Made me laugh though cuz they still failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.