UOsteam being tiny

Ghostl00l

Novice
So, I was told UOsteam was better for crafting on here, but when I try to use it all the tabs are tiny and it does not apply the resolution change. Got a picture at the bottom showing how the app box looks, I cannot extend the box to make it bigger either. Can anyone think why it would be doing this?

Attachments

• tiny.GIF
    tiny.GIF
    77.5 KB · Views: 31

parsnip

Grandmaster
So, I was told UOsteam was better for crafting on here, but when I try to use it all the tabs are tiny and it does not apply the resolution change. Got a picture at the bottom showing how the app box looks, I cannot extend the box to make it bigger either. Can anyone think why it would be doing this?

I believe this happens when you scale up the DPI in Windows 10. Trying changing the "Scale and layout" to 100% in your Display Settings:
KrQJAQB.png

Ghostl00l

Novice
That let me change the resolution setting finally, but all the tabs and everything is still tiny on UOsteam.

parsnip

Grandmaster
That let me change the resolution setting finally, but all the tabs and everything is still tiny on UOsteam.

Unfortunately I don't think UO or UOSteam handle high resolutions very well, especially those as high as 4k :( You might just need to tune down the resolution to play UO.

Ghostl00l

Novice
I have it running on my second monitor that is not 4k to actually play it, I would just like to be able to read the tabs on uosteam easily. Thank you for helping me with this so far Parsnip!

SidX

Grandmaster
Was there ever a fix for this? Just got a new laptop and am having this exact issue. Steam is super tiny, all bunched up, can't use it at all. I am able to click Start to launch the UO client, but even that is incredibly small. It's weird.. I have tried the "adjust scale" options but none work :(

Thanks

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think there is something you can do, as was explained to me a long time ago, but it was over my head so I gave up and only log into steam to run crafting scripts. Then back to razor for literally everything else.

Lyxx

Expert
I have this same issue. I'm running Windows 11. Any ideas for how to be able to resize the Steam window so it's not bunched up?

Lyxx

Expert
So I did manage to solve it - click the UO Steam shortcut, (right click), click Properties, click Compatibility, click Settings for high dpi, check Program dpi, check Ignore high dpi scaling (translating from my native language to English so not exact phrases). So now both UO and the assistant is back to full size which is slightly blurry but barely noticable. Much better than having them cramped tiny but sharp!