UOF Launcher Error

Braemar

Neophyte
Hi i've been playing on uof for weeks now but i realized i must have the old map files or something (i cant see buildings in magincia and stuff like that) so i tried to download the UOF launcher and patch/download the game all over but it gets struck over and over. It doesn't give me any reason for the crash, it just says "uof launcher has stopped working" while it's downloading so i really have no clue about what to do to solve the problem.
I have windows8, tried to run compatibility with 7 and xp but still not working.. I hope my english isnt too bad ^^'

Kuchikuchiku

Apprentice
Hey thanks Adam. I already have you in skype. Just let me know when you're free to do the remote thing. Timezone difference may be a problem though.

Weland

Grandmaster
Having an issue as well. It tries to download Stratics0.mul and gets to 99.9% and crashes. I've completely removed the launcher and game from my machine and tried it again and the same error.

charkuss

any solution for this? I played yesterday until my game crashed in a certain zone, then I tried to update the game but the launcher keeps crashing if I try to update and my game crash if I login...

I have gone through a similar process to OP, and seem to be experiencing the exact same problem. @Shane @Adam did you come to any conclusions with Braemar? Clearly the solution wont be to personally fix everyone's computers one by one so I wont ask you to have a look at mine, but perhaps will there be an updated client version or a process we have to follow to fix this?

Let me know how you are tracking, me and my bro are pretty keen to suss out booty island finally and cant do so until we update.

Kind Regards

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I'd recommend trashing everything and re-downloading the Launcher and UO client from the UOF homepage. I lot of people use the wrong client and it screws things up.

One thing I've noticed is you MUST have Negotiate Features checked on your Steam and/or Razor.

Try this:

Jager

Grandmaster
sorry but could someone put a pic of what brit west bank should look like so i know when ive got everything right? tried the reinstalling thing and it seems to have less now than it did before. and also cant see any video, im guessing on Skye's thread

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
If you go to WBB by the newbie dungeon there is a chest on the roof. If you can see that chest I believe you are good to go, or so the chest says.

cgxfqsu.jpg