UOF: 2017 New Year's Goals (because who has ever kept a resolution?)

Xiulan

Master
My goal is to forget about the meta grind and all the relics I'll never have, and just mess around with people who are fun and friendly and not total scumbags so I can actually enjoy the game.

Also I wanna give PvP a shot at some point.

parsnip

Grandmaster
Finally reached level 10 on my second meta mage today (won't raffle this one... I think). My goal now is to complete all the relics on that and my other talisman:
- Defence ones are done
- Mage has got vivify (5), dispersion (8) and focus (1)
- Zerker has phase shift (6), tread (7) and infected wounds (5)

I might aim for a couple of the conquest too.

I'd also like to find ways to contribute to the community more. Not sure what that will look like yet though!

Lexington

Grandmaster
Finally reached level 10 on my second meta mage today (won't raffle this one... I think). My goal now is to complete all the relics on that and my other talisman:
- Defence ones are done
- Mage has got vivify (5), dispersion (8) and focus (1)
- Zerker has phase shift (6), tread (7) and infected wounds (5)

I might aim for a couple of the conquest too.

I'd also like to find ways to contribute to the community more. Not sure what that will look like yet though!

Got any advice for someone leveling a phylactery of resilience... I'm only getting 1000 xp per hour from dastard.

My goal is the above :p

parsnip

Grandmaster
Got any advice for someone leveling a phylactery of resilience... I'm only getting 1000 xp per hour from dastard.

My goal is the above :p

1. Make sure you have 80+ AR to get maximum gains.
2. Farm high HP mobs. In Destard this would be Dragons and Elder Dragons if you have slayer armour.
3. Be patient ;) I generally recommend that people close the XP bar and just do a round of farming for a while. I aimed for 45 - 60 mins of consistent farming which included recalling around.

To elaborate on point 2, while you are at the lower levels (1-4) you will want some slayer armour and to focus on things like dragons, ogre lords and daemons. At higher levels (7+) or mid-levels with full slayer armour (4-7), you can look to take on some nastier mobs like vampires, undead knights, ancient liches and even balrons. Be well equipped with potions and be prepared to joust, especially against paragons. Some of the mobs in newer dungeons may also be useful but they came after I had reached level 10.

Belge

Grandmaster
Im taking a little break from UO, to spend some time with the family.. I hope you all had great Xmas and New Years!

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Last year's was kept! Nicotine free for nearly a year now.

This year my goal is to loose 15, run 5/7 days, and complete the Manitou incline (with edibles).