UOAM

Slaymane

Master
Hello all.
I use razor. I have tried everything possible to get UOAM to work but fail.
I have done extensive research prior to posting. I love to fish but I am sort of handicapped without this valuable tool.
I have downloaded files suggested in an old thread etc:

Problem is the map is just black.
If anyone has any suggestions I haven't tried as yet I would appreciate your input.
It was suggested that I use UO Steam but I am so comfortable with Razor. Used it for many years.
Thanks in advance.

Young Star

Grandmaster
The jump to steam isn't as painful as you fear. Hotkey setup is pretty much the same. Scripts are different but if you can figure out razor's, steam will have an equivalent.

With that being said it...Anyone on staff able to take a run at this issue? I believe its been broke since inception. I know @Blair has been making great strides to get Sallos' graphic glitches resolved.

Jace Belerin

Apprentice
Hello all.
I use razor. I have tried everything possible to get UOAM to work but fail.
I have done extensive research prior to posting. I love to fish but I am sort of handicapped without this valuable tool.
I have downloaded files suggested in an old thread etc:

Problem is the map is just black.
If anyone has any suggestions I haven't tried as yet I would appreciate your input.
It was suggested that I use UO Steam but I am so comfortable with Razor. Used it for many years.
Thanks in advance.
Had the issue when I first started. Make sure to run as an admin, be on the correct facet and make sure you're in the same directory that your uof files are. After those things I have no clue.

Download uocartographer it's an updated uoam.

Slaymane

Master
Thank you for your response. I haven't tried those as yet. I appreciate
"be on the correct facet " what do you mean? Sorry I am a little slow.
Enjoying adult beverages :)

Jace Belerin

Apprentice
Thank you for your response. I haven't tried those as yet. I appreciate
"be on the correct facet " what do you mean? Sorry I am a little slow.
Enjoying adult beverages :)
You've selected fel instead of ilshenar or whatever other shit lands they added, iirc can just right click on the map when it's up.

Blair

Master
I feel like UOAM is an outdated resource. Razor has the built in "UO positioning system" that is basically the equivalent of UOAM without markers, it lets you track party members without them having to connect to a UOAM server. Steam has an equivalent function with party member tracking, but it also lets you track any guild member that is online through the server, but again no markers.

Are you just wanting to use UOAM solely for the markers?

Slaymane

Master
I feel like UOAM is an outdated resource. Razor has the built in "UO positioning system" that is basically the equivalent of UOAM without markers, it lets you track party members without them having to connect to a UOAM server. Steam has an equivalent function with party member tracking, but it also lets you track any guild member that is online through the server, but again no markers.

I have used UOAM for more than nine years. I guess it's due to the fact that I am familiar with it.
Plus I need the markers .

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i use it occasionally for Tmaps ect , these files will get it fixed but wont show UOF custom content (booty isle)

1 unpack them to a folder on your desktop. (do not put them in your UO directory)
2 point uoam at the unpacked folder (map/uoclientdata files location for the drop down)

https://we.tl/NCTAkWwvRZ

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster

Markers are a must for fishing.

kolbycrouch

Master
Does UOcartographer have this feature?

This is what we used on my last server, it's essentially the successor to UOAM.

Nobody seems to use it here though.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
UOCartographer doesn't seem to be able to track player unless you install some kinda custom content(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hubcap

Grandmaster

Good point, but, I'm, also, seeing the same issue with the positioning system.
New hard drive. New install......worked fine.
Didn't see booty island, so I updated the launcher.
Since then.......Positioning System doesn't work.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..............