UO Not Responding.....

I was on earlier with no problems, then came home from work, and i can't load UO, it cant get to the log in screen, it just goes unresponsive and i have to close it.

So to try and fix this, i delete, reinstall etc to no luck - same problem.

I then DL the file from UOF, which worked on the second shot, however the client was slightly different and i found it was having small pauses which really irritated me. I then reset my comp thinking this might help - to which case im faced with the same problem: stuck before the account screen loads.

Not to mention my virus protector hated the UOF download, and has since quarantined something.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: the UOF installer also seems to pause at 3/4 the way through installing, only on my second shot it got through, now it just pauses - like 10x in a row

EDIT: the second source for UO which i got from AusGamer since the UOF one just wont work now, claims it has a trojan when trying to install.... fml

Last edited by a moderator:

Casor

Adept
I would try running with uosteam. If that fixes it, then you'll know it's razor related. If not, then other.

halygon

Grandmaster
It could also be a DNS server on the route from your home to UOF. In that case you cannot do anything and it will resolve itself in time (usually up to 48 hours).

Is it when you minimize/tab in/out?

Na it wasn't.

i cleared memory cache etc to no success - but it deleted saved passwords! hence im back on this account, as this was linked to a legit email to get a pword.

It was when i'd double click razor to load UO, before the log in screen would load, it would pause out at the grey part.

Just loaded UO now, so appears to be working, but wierd as why it happened, not to mention i only once successfully installed from the UOF download - 99/100 it would only install 3/4's and just not move (but the program was still responding).

I have since transferred a uo from an old computer and it is working - for now!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
try deleting your multicache.dat file from your UO folder. You can save a backup copy or just move it out of that folder.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Sorry you're having this issue Jenny. I get super pissed when my UO doesnt work! Hope to see you in game soon!

cole

im having these same symptoms tried all suggestions still nothing hoping admins will do a write up on this subject