UO Forever Secret Santa

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Would be nice for us all get together, hold hands, touch butts and give out gifts. That being said I'm not organizing this. Someone else should . But I'd be down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Shard-wide?? Eesh. That would be a crazy undertaking. Maybe the staff could help with some kind of programing thing to generate matches. I've done it with just Trin and that was a lot of work. Let me think about how it could be done without making me want to kill someone.

Anyone have thoughts?

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Doesn't have to be too hard

Everyone in the thread that wants in. Put goodies in a random chest. Everyone put down a number . I'll be #1.
Someone with authority puts all the numbers together and randomly selects them. Something like that . Dunno

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Shard-wide?? Eesh. That would be a crazy undertaking. Maybe the staff could help with some kind of programing thing to generate matches. I've done it with just Trin and that was a lot of work. Let me think about how it could be done without making me want to kill someone.

Anyone have thoughts?
Everyone interested gives you a book with their name in it. Throw half in one sack and half in another and draw one from each. That's their Secret Santa.
/mic drop
/walkaway

*I'd also like to participate if this comes to fruition.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
So I should stand somewhere in Brit for hours waiting on people to give me book? That would work for just a guild but not sure about the shard. But maybe if we just did it a couple hours in the morning and then at night on one day and whoever is in, is in.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
So I should stand somewhere in Brit for hours waiting on people to give me book? That would work for just a guild but not sure about the shard. But maybe if we just did it a couple hours in the morning and then at night on one day and whoever is in, is in.
/walks back
/picks up mic

nah, put a chest on the guild house steps for people to drop their books into.

amonseti

Grandmaster
/walks back
/picks up mic

nah, put a chest on the guild house steps for people to drop their books into.
yeah but when you do that theres always one asshat who will go in and take all the books or screw with it somehow ..

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
yeah but when you do that theres always one asshat who will go in and take all the books or screw with it somehow ..
Can you not drop into a chest that you don't have permission to loot? For some reason I thought we were able to.

amonseti

Grandmaster
yeah now that I think about it it would be a huge undertaking .. as we need a referee to insure it is played out fairly, and that everyone gets and gives a gift . I think it prolly would be best to do guild only .

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Or if the staff get involved, I am sure they can come up with something that we can drop books into or use the raffle system to sign up with.

Peav

Grandmaster
Doesn't have to be too hard

Everyone in the thread that wants in. Put goodies in a random chest. Everyone put down a number . I'll be #1.
Someone with authority puts all the numbers together and randomly selects them. Something like that . Dunno

inb4 jonny receives his scammed items from wu-wei by secret santa coincidence.

Desi

Grandmaster
If people are serious about this I could host a book drop-off at our Companion Elder Hall. The blue donation chest directly outside is cleared out every day and only accessible to staff. Also I can see if an official 'Secret Santa' chest can be set up for us there.
donation_chest_zpsc2yxxjti.jpg

Just let me know thoughts.

amonseti

Grandmaster
If people are serious about this I could host a book drop-off at our Companion Elder Hall. The blue donation chest directly outside is cleared out every day and only accessible to staff. Also I can see if an official 'Secret Santa' chest can be set up for us there.
donation_chest_zpsc2yxxjti.jpg

Just let me know thoughts.
that would be awsome but how would we go about distrubuting gifts , and insuring everyone give's and gets there gift.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Is that what that thing is? I found it after I lost my [young].

that would be awsome but how would we go about distrubuting gifts , and insuring everyone give's and gets there gift.
Everyone put their gifts in a bag with their name and the recipients name. Could hold a Christmas party where the bags are handed out.

Now the important question(s):
What constitutes a gift?
Is there a min/max value for said gifts? (I'd hate to receive a stack of 1,000 bandages)

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Is there a min/max value for said gifts?
I agree something like this should be there, as a poorer player id hate to get something that i couldn't possibly match in giving.

How about someone with currency knowledge set up a list of items, like 100 regents = 300g, special fishing net = 1k, lvl 6 treasure map = 5k or something, so we have a reference, and cap the gold value at a certain number?

I agree something like this should be there, as a poorer player id hate to get something that i couldn't possibly match in giving.

How about someone with currency knowledge set up a list of items, like 100 regents = 300g, special fishing net = 1k, lvl 6 treasure map = 5k or something, so we have a reference, and cap the gold value at a certain number?
I will say if you selling lvl 6 tmaps at 5k Ill buy em all