Ultimate Crafter Build?

Krayzed

Apprentice
Working on my crafter atm and coming up to a crucial stage on what to max out in the 120's and what to drop

Currently running,

100 carp
110 Lumberjack
110 Mining
100 tinkering
100 Blacksmith
100 Bowcraft

was thinking about in the end dropping bowcraft and picking up tailoring instead as it seems it would be more use to me in the end.

proposed build:
120 Blacksmithing
120 Carpentry
120 Tinkering
120 Tailoring
120 Lumberjack
120 mining

Now i heard essentially you can cap out at 720 skillpoints and figured this would be the all encompassing crafting character. Maybe someone has some other thoughts or suggestions that could point me in the right direction.

Fattson

Grandmaster
The ultimate crafter set up requires more than one crafter and a small horde of bod runners. If you wanna put everything you need into one crafter, we, as the community, need to know more about what kinda templates you run on your other chars.

Krayzed

Apprentice
just have a provo archer atm, eventually would like to make a pvp mage, and a pvm mage. Hence dropping bowcraft for tailoring. Is it wise to be starting two crafting chars then? not really looking a building pentagrams or crazy add ons, just looking more at equipping chars with my own crafted equipment. Is there any point to having 120 mining?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
As @Fattson said, I run 2 crafters and a bunch of bod runners. Self sufficient ftw!

Char 1 (main)
120 Tailor
120 Smith
105 Carp
100 Alchy
100 Tinker
100 Mining
Magery for the rest

Char 2 (supplement)
100 Scribe
100 Bowcraft
100 Smith
100 Tailor

4 other chars with 100 smith/tailor :cool:

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have opted out of LJ/fletching. I have a lumberjack for PvP/PvM but he is only 100 as I don't care to harvest the new woods since I have no Fletcher. If I were to go that route those skills would be on another crafter.

My current setup:
120 BS
120 mining
120 Tink
120 Tailor
120 Carp
80 magery
40 med

Some will tell you to have one crafter and one gatherer. I disagree. It's not much but you get a bonus to ingots returned when smelting on your BS when you have mining.

Like things with like things I say. Metal related skills go together. Wood related skills go together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fattson

Grandmaster
I've got two crafters and three bod runners. I'm constantly messing around with their skills for a variety of reason. But when it comes to #crafting, the more the merrier.

Krayzed

Apprentice
I have opted out of LJ/fletching. I have a lumberjack for PvP/PvM but he is only 100 as I don't care to harvest the new woods since I have no Fletcher. If I were to go that route those skills would be on another crafter.

My current setup:
120 BS
120 mining
120 Tink
120 Tailor
120 Carp
80 magery
40 med

Some will tell you to have one crafter and one gatherer. I disagree. It's not much but you get a bonus to ingots returned when smelting on your BS.

Like things with like things I say. Metal related skills go together. Wood related skills go together.
So the magery is for crafting pentagrams? And just general defense?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Fattson

Grandmaster
just have a provo archer atm, eventually would like to make a pvp mage, and a pvm mage. Hence dropping bowcraft for tailoring. Is it wise to be starting two crafting chars then? not really looking a building pentagrams or crazy add ons, just looking more at equipping chars with my own crafted equipment. Is there any point to having 120 mining?

Why would you need smithing or mining at all? You looking to get into the bod game? If not, I'd suggest this as a template.

120 carp
Enough music to make yourself instruments. Can't remember the skill level required.
100 fletching
120 tailor
120 lj

Krayzed

Apprentice
Total noob question but what's BOD seen it a lot and have no idea

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Do you need any weapon skills for a miner? like for my LJ I added swords and anat and healing due to the fact those snakes pop out of the tree's all the time and try to kill you

Fattson

Grandmaster
Do you need any weapon skills for a miner? like for my LJ I added swords and anat and healing due to the fact those snakes pop out of the tree's all the time and try to kill you
This is a good point. But my lj is my meta dexxer, so I never really thought about it.

Afro Man

Grandmaster
Only if you're using one of the rewards. I think it's the one that bumps up the ore to the next level. Not sure on this, though.
ok thanks for the info.. ill be hitting you up for a vendor spot in the next few weeks after my BS is 120 and crafting slayer's and such

Krayzed

Apprentice
Yes thanks for the insight into this may be dropping mining and blacksmithing off this char to replace with magery and musician.... after I get some forge deeds.

Bromista

Grandmaster
So the magery is for crafting pentagrams? And just general defense?

General use, crafting pentagrams and such is an added bonus.

The new pentagram thingy takes GM magery, thought about going up to GM but 20 med would be pretty rough for recall mining.

bane

Master
Main things I usually have on my crafters:
  1. All my crafters have Tinkering. You need at least enough to make your crafting tools with 100% success. This way your crafting macros can include a section to craft more tools, if needed, making them much more efficient.
  2. If you want to mass produce inscription goods always have GM Meditation (Note you don't need Magery for Inscription).
  3. I usually always have GM Magery so that I can gate. If you are moving around large numbers of kegs it is nice to throw them all into a bag and gate hop. You could do this with an alt on another account but I like having the convenience. Also when I ran a shop I would use one of my crafters to gate at Brit Bank.
Other than what is above I would just look at the recipes that require multiple crafting skills (Ships, Soul Forge stuff, Some Carp stuff) to make you sure you have it covered.