True Fire Story

Ledz Epplin

Master
After GM'ing Provo and Megery I got all set out to go adventure to make some gold and nice loots.

I love the Obsidian statues so I headed on down to the local Fire dungeon to kill some Para Ele's and begin my collection.

In the back of the caves I came across two very mean Para Ele's that were not very happy to meet me, so I convinced them that I was not the problem, but instead they truly disliked each other. Now Para Ele's do some good dps, but they also have some good constitution so the going was slow. I decided now was the time to unleash a couple of EV's with my GM Magery.

I set to casting EV and the spell fizzled. Undiscouraged I cast again but the spell fizzled. I believe I muttered something that I can't post here and cast again, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle. I checked my skills again to be sure I had not mistakenly GM'd a different skill and was in fact 100 Magery. Another cast, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle. Another cast, another fizzle.

OK, I was getting the point. I decided the EV's Gods did not want to join this fight so I switched to Deamons. Yes the Deamons love to kill and would surely join my fight.

I cast fully expecting to see my blood thirsty daemon, fizzle. Cast, fizzle. Cast, fizzle. Cast, fizzle. Cast, fizzle.

By this time to my dismay, one Ele had finally slaughtered the other and was low on health, so I cast a Corp Por and finished it off, half surprised it didn't fizzle.

I went back to town dejected and wondering................. where are the 120 Magery scrolls?

Now I guess I will go grind Taming like the rest of the world :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Fattson

Grandmaster
Energy vortex scrolls for 80 gp ea in ten and one hundred counts at gankware. I cater to bards. Do yourself a favor and head on down to your favorite vendor house, located conveniently just behind the moonglow scribe shop!

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
no scrolls please, because then follows 120 weapons skills....we dont need that shit here. hell, i dont even like any skill going over 100

but the gm mage is ridiculous, when i used to play my mage bard i would fizzle a million times on EV while 2 arctic ogre lords were going at it. i threw full mage out the window and just went with bard tamer....no way should you have to fizzle that many times casting a spell

Rodnee

Novice
Heres what I do. When i'm farming on my treasure hunter I carry no more then 5 EV scrolls, My macro is already set up to cast EV if a scroll is present if not to cast the spell, Since i'm used to carrying only 50 of each regent and restocking after every box I literally never notice i'm out of scrolls, and they just restock like regents. Simply put I love having the ability to always 100% cast EV

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Heres what I do. When i'm farming on my treasure hunter I carry no more then 5 EV scrolls, My macro is already set up to cast EV if a scroll is present if not to cast the spell, Since i'm used to carrying only 50 of each regent and restocking after every box I literally never notice i'm out of scrolls, and they just restock like regents. Simply put I love having the ability to always 100% cast EV

But what is the point of GM magery if you can't cast eight level spells.....I noticed this since I came back and my char is neither Thirsty or hungry...I just have never encounter it this askew on any server I have played and I have played a shit ton of servers.I think it needs a correction. I can understand fizzle up to 3 times beyond that ...Just no.

Ledz Epplin

Master
As a continuation, took me 6 times to cast Res today.

inconceivable.jpg

Cash is King

Grandmaster
This drives me nuts too. Maybe if there's a way to change the success chance calculation in the code that would be nice because at 100 and if you're a grandmaster of something you should not fail as much as you do with magery. it honestly feels like a 25-40% success rate for level 8 spells which is silly

Bilb Ono

Expert
I just cast EV 100 times to check and got 49 casts and 51 fizzles so it's really about 50%. The longest consecutive number of fizzles was 6