Treasure Coins

Ludwig

Grandmaster
The population is very active but we're still seeing the same logical tamer-friendly areas farmed along with anything related to MotM. PvE needs to be worthwhile across the board, inside every dungeon and all over the world.

Imagine a rare currency "coin" that could be dropped by any monster on the server that can also drop treasure maps. There would be 5 or 6 types of this coin all matching the treasure map classifications.

Examples: a skeleton that can drop level 1 maps can also drop the level 1 coins. A balron that can drop level 5 maps can also drop the level 5 coins.

These coins could be turned in for a reward out of 5 or 6 tiered pools. Imagine the coin 1 rewards are a unique painting, a unique mount dye and a CBD. Coin 5 rewards would be a unique boat paint, a unique plant seed etc.

The important thing here is that all of the rewards across all tiers should be relatively equal in value/coolness. By keeping the tier 1 rewards as cool as the tier 3 and 5, etc., it ensures there is value in hunting ALL monsters and collecting all coins. Want that funky piece of deco in tier 2? Guess you should be farming earth and fire eles!

Thinking out the rewards would take a fair bit of time but I think this would help newbies feel more valuable in the pve economy as well as nudging the legendary tamers to maybe check that skeleton corpse after all.

Xiulan

Master
The important thing here is that all of the rewards across all tiers should be relatively equal in value/coolness. By keeping the tier 1 rewards as cool as the tier 3 and 5, etc., it ensures there is value in hunting ALL monsters and collecting all coins.

This sounds cool in theory, but wouldn't the legendary tamers just plow through all the easy mobs in two seconds, thus competing with the newbies for spawn?

Ludwig

Grandmaster
This sounds cool in theory, but wouldn't the legendary tamers just plow through all the easy mobs in two seconds, thus competing with the newbies for spawn?

In theory, yes, but they will likely just buy these level 1 coins from newbies which will be a nice gold sink. Also, total guess, but I would wager there are more level 1 spawns than level 5.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I've always been off the opinion that MoTM, and high end farming areas, actually force interaction between players, creating a scenario where, even though the population is fairly low, it still feels as though it's not because you run into people all the time.

Making all monsters equally valuable could have a negative effect, in that it'll seem less busy, and then people may move on.

wkstrm

Master
if the drop is somewhat as rare as for event frags then it could be a good idea, although, the drop needs to be increased a bit for the lower level chesta maybe since the event frags drop waaay to seldom there.

@eppy is there any statistics for how many of each t-map is being dug up every day?

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I've always been off the opinion that MoTM, and high end farming areas, actually force interaction between players, creating a scenario where, even though the population is fairly low, it still feels as though it's not because you run into people all the time.

Making all monsters equally valuable could have a negative effect, in that it'll seem less busy, and then people may move on.

Precisely! Encouraging more people to be out in the world across all skill levels. UOF pve is pretty luxurious compared to OSI. You never see people waiting at a spawn, taking turns and waiting for a lich lord. You have your pick of what you want to farm and a minimal amount of aggression and "camping" whether you're hidden or revealed runs most players off. I feel like this would encourage more random hunting and dungeon crawling.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
it would just spread people thinner out there, so you'll see even less contested spots, because everyone will find their own spots.. I'm not sure I agree it'll work..