trapping pets

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm not sure I follow. It is against the rules to drag stuff into your house and trap it, or is it just healers? Either way I don't think there's anything against dragging open world spawn to other areas of the world and getting them stuck if that's what you mean.

There's a few spawns like this that can be essentially shut down. If it's not against the rules it oughta be. I've noticed one spot I like to farm has slowed down considerably and I suspect it is because of this.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
I'm confused about this rule, several months ago I asked Alan if it was against the rules to trap monsters in a house and he told me that they don't like it but that it wasn't against the rules. I think the rules have changed and now it is against the rules to trap anything (except for player's mounts) in your house.

halygon

Grandmaster
About a month ago they announced in game that it is illegal to trap animals or npcs in your house. The exception to this is if the animal is tamed(aka player owned) and then it is legal.

So if someone traps your beautiful perfect stat, bonded, mare then it is gone forever unless you have a summoning ball (or of course they have a poorly made trap house).

This rule appears to be less about preventing griefing and more about protecting spawn. For example, there was a while there that ppl were hording sheep spawn in their house so that they could shear a ton of sheep at once.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It is legal to trap tamed pets, illegal to trap spawn. So essentially, pets that you tame yourself are legal as long as they are tame, but illegal if they go wild and are still trapped, this is how I perceive the animal part be it incorrect or correct. NPC's on the other hand are illegal and to counter-act using healers as your own personal medics in times of need, they apparently, don't rez in your house and still remain illegal if they are stuck in there.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
ok well i ran by a castle with a WW, dragon, young dragon, hell cats and such and even paged and no response for 10 hours and im sure the pets are still there to this day, i had buddys who had pack horses inside there houses and a staff member came to them directly and talked to them about it so idk i guess we all need some updated info on this.........

Pole

Novice
Ya.. that castle north of minoc I released all that shit inside the other day to mess with the owner.