Tram vs Fel

Streets

Grandmaster
Also remember the bounty does not come out of the PKs bank or pocket.

Also for those who do not know how the old system worked:

Each time a victim dies, the victim takes his/her money from the bank and places a reward/bounty when the head is turned over all the money is collected by the person who turns it in.

So say jerkface the pk kills you on death a bounty pop up would ask if you wanted to place a bounty on the murders head. That gold is taken out of the bank box imediate. .. now jerkface kills 8 or so players and each of those people placed a bounty adding upto 100k. The person who turned in the head got all that gold. None came from the pk and those who where killed where avenged. There is a reason to hunt the player killers then and encourage pvp which is what so many are using as the reason they do what they do

Starnite

Master

Each time a victim dies, the victim takes his/her money from the bank and places a reward/bounty when the head is turned over all the money is collected by the person who turns it in.

So say jerkface the pk kills you on death a bounty pop up would ask if you wanted to place a bounty on the murders head. That gold is taken out of the bank box imediate. .. now jerkface kills 8 or so players and each of those people placed a bounty adding upto 100k. The person who turned in the head got all that gold. None came from the pk and those who where killed where avenged. There is a reason to hunt the player killers then and encourage pvp which is what so many are using as the reason they do what they do
Only thing here is the murderer that lost their head can not play this toon for several hours/days due to the fact they have to turn blue to be rezzed again. If Shane or Adam put that system in here, you would see a lot of reds becoming multi millionaires very quick. Back when I played on Chessapeake, I was a pk hunter, in other words I made my gold from hunting reds.

I personally would not want uof to become a non pvp shard or even part of it to become non pvp. I mean think about it, when I go out of a guard zone area, I am always thinking, "am I going to run into a red?" and the excitement is great because of this. I have no pvp fighting skills here and could not fight my way out of a wet paper bag if it came to that. But I enjoy when I get the chance to really play and I go out and take the chance on collecting supplies and getting back to town safely. 90% of the time when I have been pked, they have been great, yes they do keep my supplies but that is their reward. Do I like it...... no not really but I understand. Rarely do I run into that jerk pk and when I have, I just run back into town and rez and start doing something different in the game.

I play this game to have fun and no pk is going to change that for me, I can have fun out of town or in town. It is my choice.

Grizard

Adept
Put in bounties.

The dollar bounty becomes their title, every murder they have is 1 day they have to macro off.

Reds will turn on reds.

If red is killed they could kill themselves money is taken, but they sit out x days. Win/win

Maybe max 100k bounty per kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budcookie

Grandmaster

Whats to stop me and "jerkface" from him letting me kill him and us splitting the money. Or better yet "jerkface" uses his alt to farm himself. The victims just paid him for pking them

Streets

Grandmaster
Only thing here is the murderer that lost their head can not play this toon for several hours/days due to the fact they have to turn blue to be rezzed again. If Shane or Adam put that system in here, you would see a lot of reds becoming multi millionaires very quick. Back when I played on Chessapeake, I was a pk hunter, in other words I made my gold from hunting reds.

I personally would not want uof to become a non pvp shard or even part of it to become non pvp. I mean think about it, when I go out of a guard zone area, I am always thinking, "am I going to run into a red?" and the excitement is great because of this. I have no pvp fighting skills here and could not fight my way out of a wet paper bag if it came to that. But I enjoy when I get the chance to really play and I go out and take the chance on collecting supplies and getting back to town safely. 90% of the time when I have been pked, they have been great, yes they do keep my supplies but that is their reward. Do I like it...... no not really but I understand. Rarely do I run into that jerk pk and when I have, I just run back into town and rez and start doing something different in the game.

I play this game to have fun and no pk is going to change that for me, I can have fun out of town or in town. It is my choice.

That's why I said use the bounty system on top of our current system... meaning the death penalty we have no stays the same nor or less and there is a bounty on top of killing a red. The only change to the system I think is needed is the 2 day max stat loss. 2 days max is fair if it's 2 days played and not 2 days on an alt.

Streets

Grandmaster
Put in bounties.

The dollar bounty becomes their title, every murder they have is 1 day they have to macro off.

Reds will turn on reds.

If red is killed they could kill themselves money is taken, but they sit out x days. Win/win

Maybe max 100k bounty per kill.

There is no max it's up to the victim to decide how much the death was worth ... if I am rich and this guy really made me mad I could put 10 million of my own gold on his head!

I like the idea of the title being the reward value but not really fair to the agressors maybe an in game item like a bounty hunter spyglass that let's you target a player and see if he is worth killing?

Streets

Grandmaster
Whats to stop me and "jerkface" from him letting me kill him and us splitting the money. Or better yet "jerkface" uses his alt to farm himself. The victims just paid him for pking them

GREAT QUESTION! but nothing stops you but....

Like I said maybe make 1/3 of the gold claimed for killing the red become taxed (gold sink destroyed from the economy )

Secondly if your friend or guilds do this it still takes a murder out of commission while he is in stat loss..

Ass in the idea that statloss timer only counts while you are loged into the toon and you have a fair balanced way to slow pk'ing entice pvp and offer a great risk vs reward

Streets

Grandmaster
You may have to sit that account out 50 days if you get killed.

No no no keep it as is but the stat loss timer only counts down when you are loged into that toon. Still 2 days (48 hous max)

The only difference is you can not log into another alt (probably another red) while your tune works off his penelties. ..

Streets

Grandmaster
I would love to see meta talismans work in pvp. Would be quite interesting.

Agreed but would emend that to state "not usable in innocents"

IF you see a grey or red or enemy faction
yes use it but then you are grey to them and free to use it back on you..... this prevents a huge opening powerful attack on an innocent

Or maybe as an option in certain pvp events at the least

Streets

Grandmaster
I think "balance" is an elusive concept.......

Balance where? Bards and tamers own the pvm spectrum where is the balance there

Mages and alchemy dominate the pvp spectrum where is the balance there?

Factions have 4 teams yet everyone seams to favor one where is the balance there?

Super guilds mass recruit and over whelm smaller groups where is the balance there?

Some trade skills make more gold then other ... where is the balance thete??

My point us weather you agree or disagree there is alot of imbalance in the game

Drustan

Expert
Balance where? Bards and tamers own the pvm spectrum where is the balance there

Mages and alchemy dominate the pvp spectrum where is the balance there?

Factions have 4 teams yet everyone seams to favor one where is the balance there?

Super guilds mass recruit and over whelm smaller groups where is the balance there?

Some trade skills make more gold then other ... where is the balance thete??

My point us weather you agree or disagree there is alot of imbalance in the game
Stun mages dominate group PvP whereas alch dexxers dominate 1v1. It makes sense, and shouldn't be changed.
The team stacking issue is being addressed, anyway.
Answer to #3 is the same as #2 because it's basically the same question.
All crafting skills have their uses, and it depends on the location of vendors to sell off the crafting goods. The reason fletch and other crafting skills don't have BODs is because the original BOD system wasn't working as OSI intended.

It levels out. It's not like hally mages dominate the playing field anymore. There is variety.
We don't need godmode masquerading as meta talismans to compensate for bad PvPers.

Streets

Grandmaster
Stun mages dominate group PvP whereas alch dexxers dominate 1v1. It makes sense, and shouldn't be changed.
The team stacking issue is being addressed, anyway.
Answer to #3 is the same as #2 because it's basically the same question.
All crafting skills have their uses, and it depends on the location of vendors to sell off the crafting goods. The reason fletch and other crafting skills don't have BODs is because the original BOD system wasn't working as OSI intended.

It levels out. It's not like hally mages dominate the playing field anymore. There is variety.
We don't need godmode masquerading as meta talismans to compensate for bad PvPers.

Omg how could I ever forget hall mages! And I was not trying to mask anything just sparking ideas how to lower (not eliminate) zerg ganks