Training Carpentry in dungeon

Nobama

Novice

I did, I tried a hatchet, battle axe, and regular axe. All said the same thing about using for carving meat. I equipped them all and tried several times. Maybe this was changed...I realize this was 2 years ago so perhaps theres been an in-game change on that ability since.

Nobama

Novice
Well, I guess it just wont work for me. Im doing exactly as instructed. The axe is equip, im double clicking the axe then onto the quarter staff in my pack and all it says is "Use this item for carving meat and hide from corpses"

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Did this with most crafting skills. I'd hide somewhere near a wall, like the entrance to Covetous level 3. Get a bag and put it on the floor (behind the wall with circle trans), craft whatever appropriate, put said crafted item in bag on floor. Once the bag reaches 125 items, put a new bag on floor and keep going. I'd have a second character come in and bring more supplies as needed. It can be a bit of a pain with carpentry since the boards weigh so much, but you end up saving plenty of money so I think it's worth it :)

Nobama

Novice
Yes, the only problem here is the not being able to use an axe on the wood. If I can use an axe to cut the staffs down and make more wood that would seemingly be much better.

halygon

Grandmaster
Well, I guess it just wont work for me. Im doing exactly as instructed. The axe is equip, im double clicking the axe then onto the quarter staff in my pack and all it says is "Use this item for carving meat and hide from corpses"
I used the axe on a box not a staff although I used it on a staff when training. I'll check on a staff tomorrow.

Illyria

Expert
i'm trying too to destroy for example the wooden shields..but with a hatchet or a battle axe it doesnt work..ofc it s equipped

Smokey

Novice
Sorry for dredging an old post but it never really had a resolution and I'm currently having the same problem. Did anyone ever figure out if it is possible to recycle carpentered items? If it's just not possible here, thats fine. Would just hate to work this skill up and find out later I could have recovered so much wood and done it quicker/cheaper.