Training Carpentry in dungeon

Shurik'n

Novice
Quick quesiton on how to train carpentry in dungeon.

I just started and I'm not sure how to handle all the crap I craft. Dropping on the ground ends up with huge piles which pretty much yell for someone to reveal me.

Any spots or tips on how to GM carpentry in dungeon?

Also what do you craft to GM? Guides seems to be far from the optimal track.

Thanks !

tader

Expert
The sound you make screams reveal me. As far as the crap. Find a large rock or wall turn on circle of transparency and drop a bag there. Put your crap in the bag.

account51

Master
The sound you make screams reveal me. As far as the crap. Find a large rock or wall turn on circle of transparency and drop a bag there. Put your crap in the bag.

Carpentry will require a lot of bags though (they fill off of about 40-50 items due to weight), and I also have seen that the guides direction is very slow. So far this is the slowest crafting skill I've worked on.

tader

Expert
Carpentry will require a lot of bags though (they fill off of about 40-50 items due to weight), and I also have seen that the guides direction is very slow. So far this is the slowest crafting skill I've worked on.
I should add personally I just used a trash barrel at Brit crafting area. Want worth the effort of transporting boards an the 200 bags to drop stuff into. I also had fun walking around dropping stuffs but yeah. Slower gains at craft area offset by reduced materials is the way to go

halygon

Grandmaster

I just started and I'm not sure how to handle all the crap I craft. Dropping on the ground ends up with huge piles which pretty much yell for someone to reveal me.

Thanks !
Try using your axe on the wooden crafted item. Works wonders :)

AssHat

Grandmaster
READY: grab logs/boards w/e grab 10-15 tools your gonna use, recall to dungeon, hide, run macro till bag has 115 items or your just under weight. type [organizeme. BAM all your crafted items in 1 bag, drop on ground, recall home/town fill bag, repeat :) have fun getting pked by LOLZ

halygon

Grandmaster
I tried that but it doesn't work on deeds and weapons which is what I'll craft :)
And you are training carp?

you should not be crafting anything that results in a deed anyways ..
^ This.

When I trained carpentry on my crafter, EVERY SINGLE ITEM was destroyable, from boxes to crates, from tables, to q-staffs, and also gnarled staffs. Keep the axe in your hands, double click it and then target the wooden item.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm crafting ballot boxes. 5 boards. Hard to beat until 65. 65-75 shields, 75-95 QS, 95-GM GS.

Make sense?
I always just followed this:

Wooden Box (30-40), Medium Crate (40-50), Large Crate (50-55), Wooden Shield (55-75), Quarter Staff (75-90), Gnarled Staff (90-100)

amonseti

Grandmaster

Wooden Box (30-40), Medium Crate (40-50), Large Crate (50-55), Wooden Shield (55-75), Quarter Staff (75-90), Gnarled Staff (90-100)
This method as @halygon has outlined is the bestm this is how I did it in less then a day . You can do ballot box's but your gains will not be as good . plus you also run into the problem your having now. and will eventually cost more in the long run for wood. theres a balance to what is good for gains and hals method is one of the most optimized all around.

Bobaganoosh

Master

Thanks !
At wind bank there is a trash chest at the entrance. That's where I work shit that needs to be discarded.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Now I feel like crap for going from 50 to 120 within a minute with scrolls X_x
^^^ this right here.

Unless you are farming the wood yourself the cost of using SSs is equal to the cost of wood to get to gm. And it is way less annoying. although when I did it wood weighed a ton, I guess the new log weight could change things.

Nobama

Novice

So im trying this now and its telling me that axes are used for carving meat from corpses