Tracking Range

Techno Destructo

Journeyman
Don't even try down-talking this. Stealth is worthless now because of a nearly useless skill that almost nobody uses has now been buffed to compete with your precious Stealth? Stealth is still good, it always will be, just now people have a chance to find you. Every buff should have its equivalent debuff, rock-paper-scissors style. There's no reason you should be stealthing and no one even has a chance of finding you.

Okay so detect hidden has a huge range, reveal as well. I have 200 skill points invested in a skill used primarily for evasion; now if i run off screen, hide and try to get away from some gank you're telling me it's over powered for me to be able to use the 200 skill points I have invested to WALK on foot (not run) while you're chasing me down on a horse? What planet do you live on where this makes sense?

The only usefulness stealth has is to try and sneak up on someone. Outside of that it is worthless. The fact that at 0 skill you have a 100% success rate to track me from a full screen is ludicrous. Not worth having skill points invested in stealth at this rate.

halygon

Grandmaster
Okay so detect hidden has a huge range, reveal as well. I have 200 skill points invested in a skill used primarily for evasion; now if i run off screen, hide and try to get away from some gank you're telling me it's over powered for me to be able to use the 200 skill points I have invested to WALK on foot (not run) while you're chasing me down on a horse? What planet do you live on where this makes sense?

The only usefulness stealth has is to try and sneak up on someone. Outside of that it is worthless. The fact that at 0 skill you have a 100% success rate to track me from a full screen is ludicrous. Not worth having skill points invested in stealth at this rate.
Detect hidden has a fairly small footprint here.

The new changes to tracking makes it harder for people with 0 tracking to find ya. Only those with tracking skill will have a good chance now.

Techno Destructo

Journeyman
Just tested this, I was able to track 100% of the time from 15 tiles away with 0 skill

That is, tracking a full screen away with 0 skill. Proof:

pWpVuYI.jpg

First test was 10 tiles.
5YQXwi7.jpg

Moved out to 15 and thats where my 0.0 trackng ability still hit target: (stopped at 16)

vU1oNhj.jpg

This is fair? Also I didn't lose my query until I reached 20 tiles.

Stealth = worthless.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
stealth is the best skill in the game and is hella overpowered on this shard, 15 tiles aint shit when you're a vet my friend.

Yoar

Adept
Just tested this, I was able to track 100% of the time from 15 tiles away with 0 skill

That is, tracking a full screen away with 0 skill. Proof:

pWpVuYI.jpg

First test was 10 tiles.
5YQXwi7.jpg

Moved out to 15 and thats where my 0.0 trackng ability still hit target: (stopped at 16)

vU1oNhj.jpg

This is fair? Also I didn't lose my query until I reached 20 tiles.

Stealth = worthless.

Stats give bonusses to skills, like tracking. You didn't have 0 net tracking, but probably around 20 due to STR/DEX/INT.

It takes a few tries to track down a GM hider with low tracking. In that time, you can also cast reveal all around you, which has the same effect.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I love how people say it is completely worthless, yet use it everyday on multiple characters, and also it is the backbone to every thief/assassin build. Because going *poof* and becoming completely INVISIBLE to other characters in game is a totally normal and fair thing that should even happen in MMOs in the first place.

Don Key

Master
The intent of the tracking change seemed to be 5 tiles at 0, etc.. not based on displayed skill.

But that does explain the results

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Feel free to tell me which skill it is not true for. Taming being an exception when it comes to bonding but not when actually Taming a mob.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It's so fun when we treat our unfounded assumptions as fact. (And tell everyone as if it is information given from God.)

Staff

Young Player Help
It isn't a 100% chance at 0 skill. You will still have multiple failures at 25 (0 on show real). Saying otherwise just damages your argument.

Techno Destructo

Journeyman
i dont want to argue with the admins, i love this server and the work you guys do

im just not going to invest all my skill points that someone can bust with 0.0 skill; not worth it, not everyone uses stealth for pking

Techno Destructo

Journeyman
i really dont understand how stealth is so broken that this needs to be a thing but maybe people exploit it in some way i dont understand?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
This had been discussed 100 times and it's very simple stealth is still very effective when used by a skilled stealther. Tracking does not reveal you so don't complain that it negates your 200 points. 100 points allow you to hide 100 points in magery reveals you. Go read the many previous arguments if you would like to know more about why it is the way it is