Total Newbie needs hand holding

Teo0510

Hi everyone; I wish I could tell you that I've been active on UO forever, but the fact is - I haven't. Everytime I join, I get confused or killed.

Are there any good tutorials or groups to play with? Understand, I don't have much time for this hobby either - maybe one evening or two. Would love some mentors.

God Bless - Teo

PS: I loved Ultima 7 and Part 2 - but never really gelled well into an MMPORG.

Zanondorf

Started UO in "Second Age" when I was a child....soon to be 40. This is still not that UO. I've been pretty absent for a while so cannot speak on groups/guilds to join. What I can tell you is this is an old school MMO....one that has no hand holds and will let you make an unplayable character (if you don't know what you are doing.) Confused means you are getting the point. While USO has a story line technically I recommend you look at the world as if you're a nobody off the farm. Big ideas, a crappy sword, no skill or clue joining a bigger world. Twenty years on I'm ripe for death if I don't take a "simple" ogre seriously. Survival is part of it all....and there is rarely a single "correct" answer to it. Nothing you do is wrong. What I'd recommend is learn about the different skills (loose knowledge from the games helps.) You can do any combination... min/max greatness, RP realist, or modern jack of no trade "useful" character that dies as a specialty . Just keep in mind you can't do it all, all on one character...... but you can make characters that support each other (if you don't/can't find/make friends. I wish you luck.

There's plenty of guides in the guides section of the fourms.Theres also plenty of videos on YouTube.I fear that this is a troll question,or someone that is to lazy to do a simple google search.Hell my 11 yr old finds every guide himself easy.As for Zanondorf, you just sound like you gave up on life a long time ago.

Teo0510

Started UO in "Second Age" when I was a child....soon to be 40. This is still not that UO. I've been pretty absent for a while so cannot speak on groups/guilds to join. What I can tell you is this is an old school MMO....one that has no hand holds and will let you make an unplayable character (if you don't know what you are doing.) Confused means you are getting the point. While USO has a story line technically I recommend you look at the world as if you're a nobody off the farm. Big ideas, a crappy sword, no skill or clue joining a bigger world. Twenty years on I'm ripe for death if I don't take a "simple" ogre seriously. Survival is part of it all....and there is rarely a single "correct" answer to it. Nothing you do is wrong. What I'd recommend is learn about the different skills (loose knowledge from the games helps.) You can do any combination... min/max greatness, RP realist, or modern jack of no trade "useful" character that dies as a specialty . Just keep in mind you can't do it all, all on one character...... but you can make characters that support each other (if you don't/can't find/make friends. I wish you luck.

I totally understand Zanondorf, I think I will take your advice. Especially since some think I am a troll. :)

I will seek to make my own way and my own path and look at myself as a smaller screw in a larger cog ... but make myself useful to other characters in a support role of some sort. RP Blessings - Teo