Too many "blue" murderers

Kopogero_x

Expert
And this seems to be an outcome of what appeared to be a great system that worked for the last 17 years, but UOforever is the only server where murderers get their counts reset within 24 hours.

The system already was very tollerant and effective since to become a murderer you would not need to kill 1, 2, 3 or 4 but 5 players! This combined with 24 hours over the classic 48 hours makes me a target to ambush constistently by all types of blues I run into while farming. The advantage is always on the side of the player who initiates the attack and it's crystal clear how simple and easy is to keep a character online, especially with the dual clients in place, but that's the problem they don't even need to do that since they are on their mains, playing the game and farming.

So, what happens in most of my scenarios is "blue farmer" QQ's when I've been there before him or collect the gold and initates the attack at will. Sure, I don't blame him with such lenient murder system.

Until this remains UOforever will be always known as the server with blue murderers.

P.S: During the last week I've died maeby 2-3 times to reds, but 20+ times to blues.

iceman2kx

Novice
Until this remains UOforever will be always known as the server (game) with blue murderers.

I don't really understand peoples' problem with blue PKs. Do you know how much of a pain it is to run a blue pk? You are extremely, extremely limited to the amount of people you can kill. On top of that you have wait for your kills to go back down to even pk again.

UO is not a friendly game. You should always be on your toes to avoid getting PK'd, especially if a random blue you don't know comes around the corner. Never trust anyone. I seriously recommend you carry pots and pouches to avoid dying.

Blue PKs are not your problem, you're your problem. I do not mean to sound mean, but I would recommend to you to at least learn the mechanics of such a simple situation before complaining about it on the forums. Even if you HATE pvp, it wouldn't hurt you to practice with a pvp character to improve your overall UO skills that way you could probably even dust off the blue "PKs".

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Lmao dude looted my mobs last week after getting enough damage to just get looting rights and shortly after he was face down to my Provo tamer. Maybe don't be a dick and you won't end up dead it sounds like your not dieing to blue pk but simply blue who don't put up with shit.
Great thread though reminded me of a very satisfying kill with a 100% pvm char.
PS. Since you told me you would destroy me on your red why don't you just take char of these blue pk yourself rather than whining about. (No need to answer ooOoOoo)

Kopogero_x

Expert
See some of the above posters trying to defend the system. I don't blame em. I would too be PKing blues with my blue farmer at will when the penalty is minimal compared with the loot they could get in return.

So yea, as soon as you see a farmer, PK at will, especially if he is about to kill his mobs or already killed. If he is without a mount even better and easier kill. There is absolutly no reason not to.

TheGooch

Master
Lmao dude looted my mobs last week after getting enough damage to just get looting rights and shortly after he was face down to my Provo tamer. Maybe don't be a dick and you won't end up dead it sounds like your not dieing to blue pk but simply blue who don't put up with shit.
Great thread though reminded me of a very satisfying kill with a 100% pvm char.
PS. Since you told me you would destroy me on your red why don't you just take char of these blue pk yourself rather than whining about. (No need to answer ooOoOoo)
Agreed. If you come up while I'm killing shit and try to be a loot whore then hell yea I'm gonna kill you.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Doesn't always work out that way though :D

You're missing one thing though, Kopogero, and that is that blue pking is the only honorable way to achieve Dread Lord status.

Excuse Kopo, he is a glass is half empty kind of guy, thats all.

Snickle

Grandmaster
[quote="Kopogero_x, post: 239156, member:]
P.S: During the last week I've died maeby 2-3 times to reds, but 20+ times to blues.[/quote]

Wow you die a lot...
Recalling isn't that difficult

Kopogero_x

Expert
Please, don't derail the thread. The issue clearly will become worrisome for many out there since players can PK at will anyone on a daily basis. I personally don't care if it remains or not, I'll learn to deal with it, but it surely there is a flaw within the system when most are encouraged to PK when there is a very lenient system in place.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It's because you whine you steal loot and nobody likes you. I have been blue pk'd twice in over a year. So once again is not the system it's you. I have seen nothing but whining posts offering very little from you and now I've seen your greed in game but the good news I will bring one of my Reds to kill you from now on to help eliminate this problem for you.

GendR

Neophyte
P.S: During the last week I've died maeby 2-3 times to reds, but 20+ times to blues.

I've only been playing for like 1-2 weeks and I've only died 2-3 times, you are doing something way wrong... I only have like 3 skills GMed and use recall scrolls. I'd say learn to recall when being attacked, learn to PVP or sit at the bank possibly?

halygon

Grandmaster
Great troll thread. UO is about choices and killing a fellow "innocent" player is one of those.

I don't think I have ever been pkd by a blue on this shard. I'm just curious how you find so many blue pks?

Staff: Can we get an achievement for most deaths to blue PKs for the OP?

Babethoven

Grandmaster
its just funny because i remember before he got banned he used to be at fire balrons, i'd be there on my bard and he'd come in on his tamer and try and ninja loot my shit :D

wonder why he dies so much ^^