Thieving / Perma Grey Question

ahson

Neophyte
I was messing around with my thief char and someone attacked me in town even though I was blue (and just being resurrected). I thought my perma grey status will get reset after I died?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
You gotta either wait out the flag after you die otherwise as long as you keep coming to them you're still flagged until it's off. So jack someones stuff either get away safely and then kill yourself and res again making you not flagged. If that makes sense... I can't find my reading glasses... fuckin old man here.

ahson

Neophyte
You gotta either wait out the flag after you die otherwise as long as you keep coming to them you're still flagged until it's off. So jack someones stuff either get away safely and then kill yourself and res again making you not flagged. If that makes sense... I can't find my reading glasses... fuckin old man here.
That makes sense and also what I thought it is. However my scenario was after being killed and resurrected, that same person who got jacked earlier saw me and killed me in in town. This has happened couple times already so I don't quite understand why did that happen.