thief

I am making a thief and was wondering what skills I should use with it. I know snooping, hiding, stealing but what else could I use for it to help it more

khajja

Master
depends how you want to play it. pick up wrestling and arms lore to disarm punch for great fun trolling dexxers. magery is always useful.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
don't forget stealth..

you can also add fighting like swordsman with tactics and anatomy and get a few newbie katanas, use powder of fortifying on them and get them deadly poisoned... so you can defend yourself when people attack you after you steal from them :D.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Or.... you could make a rather complex thief which tries to be PvP but fails however, has amazing survival skills which out performs any and ALL other classes of thief *common and known* with the ability to stealth and steal..Even UO still has secret builds >:) >:) >:)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Or.... you could make a rather complex thief which tries to be PvP but fails however, has amazing survival skills which out performs any and ALL other classes of thief *common and known* with the ability to stealth and steal..Even UO still has secret builds >:) >:) >:)

what is this black magic you speak of

Pandone

Grandmaster
gm steal snoop hiding, 80 stealth, gm wrestling resist magery, 20 medi, 40 medi if you can 120 skillcap

I want to be able to hide outside of town and steal. Not just by the banks like most thiefs. Maybe like go to popular dungeons and not being able to be seen.

Cheapsuit

Master
stealing GM
snooping GM
hiding GM
lockpicking GM
remove trap GM
detect hidden GM
stealth 80
magery 40

This char can own in so so many ways lol (you really have no idea but use your imagination I can't tell all secrets) haha

Young Star

Grandmaster
The cap is 700 I believe. But how can you have 100 of 6 things then a skill of 80 and another for 40.

No. You can raise the cap with power scrolls. You gm a skill like lumberjack then eat a 105, gain 5 more LJ, eat a 110, gain 5 LJ, eat a 115, gain 5 LJ, eat a 120. Now you can drop LJ and raise 20 pts of a different non GM skill.

I hit 700 cap on my bard and when I ate a 105 provoking I gained 5 points across other skills before they started taking points from a down arrowed skill.

Cheapsuit

Master
The cap is 700 I believe. But how can you have 100 of 6 things then a skill of 80 and another for 40.

Apparently this is a deep dark secret kept amongst veterans. I was once on the end of not know so I'll let you do your due diligence just as they let me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just use steal hide stealth snoop wrestle arms lore 80/heal30anat or something. cool for dungeons healing on the go and stealing dexxer weps

Ok I'm stuck. I have 50.1 stealth and im wearing shoes, shirt and pants. And the skill hasn't gone up. Do I need to put on different stuff.