Thief working ?

Silex

Apprentice
I have a little question in here. I’m pretty new and I tried to raise a thief. I just joined the thief guild and I have 100 snoop 100 stealth 100 hide 100 stealing. And I’m not able to pick pocket someone . I tried in the blacksmith crafthing area and ive been one shot lightning lol. Samething in front of the brit bank. There's something that I don’t understand XD can you explaine me how its work ? and the second question is. Is snooping always revele the snooper or it exist something that you can do to stay invis.

lollo

Grandmaster
I have a little question in here. I’m pretty new and I tried to raise a thief. I just joined the thief guild and I have 100 snoop 100 stealth 100 hide 100 stealing. And I’m not able to pick pocket someone . I tried in the blacksmith crafthing area and ive been one shot lightning lol. Samething in front of the brit bank. There's something that I don’t understand XD can you explaine me how its work ? and the second question is. Is snooping always revele the snooper or it exist something that you can do to stay invis.

you're getting guard whacked. NPCs will see you steal and call guards. You need to be out of line of sight.

Snooping will reveal you

Silex

Apprentice
what do you mean the npc vision sight ? how that work ? should i be like 10 tile of a npc ?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
what do you mean the npc vision sight ? how that work ? should i be like 10 tile of a npc ?

NPC's can see through walls, so line of sight is in any built up area. Also, not sure if it's activated here but try and steal from behind the player which seems to help sometimes, but this might be down to luck. Strangely, the more players in an area the harder it is to steal *stealing checks amount of players in the area who can see the thief and rolls depending on that factor*.

General rule of thumb with town stealing, make sure NPC's are facing away from you and the mark, check to see how many players are facing you, assume the weight of the item is not at the higher scale *6-10 stones in weight are difficult to steal in town without being noticed* and make sure to have a solid escape plan if you are successful. Walls make no difference, NPC's have X-Ray vision so do not expect to be safe behind a wall.

Stealing correctly is an art form, trial and error well help with that art.