Thief template

I was thinking of making a thief to mess around with in town when I am bored. I am torn between making them a dexxer thief template 5x plus stealing and snooping, or 5x mage and stealing/snooping. Anyone play either of these templates? I think the dexxer would be easier with the ability to use DP weps. Stolen cure regs/pots and cure dont mix.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Dex PVP Thief Templates are easiest to play personally, rather amusing also when you steal a poisoned war fork and use it against its previous owner. Thief Mage's are great all rounders but obviously, not as easy to play, especially if you have an average ping.

kurtis

Grandmaster
If you're fighting total newbs, it doesn't matter. You'll take them down with whatever. Fighting a decent player is a different story.

I play a mage thief and it's incredibly fun. Magery/med is nice to recall around, and it's especially nice in dungeons. Using recall scrolls would be....tedious. However, I ended up dropping resist for hiding for the following reasons: If you're fighting someone good, then you really aren't going to win anyways because they have an extra 2 skills on you. They will stun and throw explo pots or use bandaids, and you just...try to snoop and steal. But Snoop/steal is worthless against a good PvPer who can protect their resources, and all of the good ones can. And taking down someone decent who has all 7 pvp skills and potions...it's tough.

If they aren't good, then you don't need resist anyways because your dump will take them down, or their dumps are weak enough to heal through without resist (I carry pots). Hiding is just so helpful as a thief, because you are always getting ganked or needing to escape for some reason. You're looking to pick a fight with targets you can take down. You really don't want to start a fight with someone who you'd desperately need resist with anyways because you're fighting an uphill battle At least, that was my experience.

A dexer pvp thief probably needs resist. Unless maybe the dexer had GM poisoning and you're just aggressively putting them on the defensive. Actually that would be fun because you'd have an edge over a lot of other dexers too.

I really have a hard time running a char without magery... i never have and this would be my first. I figured I didnt need it because i was just going to troll around bit. I pvp on an alchy mage, so this char would be just when I am bored out of my mind. I dont make a char without resist unless they are a crafter.

greebo

Apprentice
Well, you can actually have tons of fun with mage thief... the problem is whenever you get too legit, you dont end up needing thief anyhow. At least I found.