thief guildmaster

I joined the guild and have 100 stealing. It says I can't steal that. I stole only 1 time but the guy had more then 1k. Also can you steal checks??. I seen another thief somehow do it

Casey Anthony

Apprentice
If an item is more than 10 stones you cannot steal it. Checks and blessed items are not stealable unless they are in a bag or pouch...etc

SidX

Grandmaster
I joined the guild and have 100 stealing. It says I can't steal that. I stole only 1 time but the guy had more then 1k. Also can you steal checks??. I seen another thief somehow do it
You can only steal items that aren't blessed/newbied (newbied would be clothing that you start out with when you make a new character, for example-- it's blessed even though it doesn't say [blessed]). If you try to steal blessed items from a player, or an object from the world that wasn't meant to be stolen, you will see "You can't steal that."

If you steal from a stack, you have a chance of stealing the entire stack or just parts of it, but only up to 10 Stones in weight. This means if you try to steal Recalls, you'd only be able to steal up to 10 since they're one stone each. If stealing gold, you can steal up to 1,000gp, which also weighs 10 Stones.

When stealing from a stack, the amount of something you steal is random. You may steal 178gp the first time and 952gp the second.

The max weight you can steal depends on your Stealing skill. 70.0 Stealing can steal 7 stones, 100.0 Stealing can steal 10 stones, etc.

You can't steal checks directly. The only way to do this is if the checks were in a bag, and the bag with its contents weighed 10 stones or less. If you steal a bag you get the bag along with anything inside it. This is the only way to "steal blessed items" (including checks).