The Value of Capture The Flag

Woah Nightfallx

Apprentice
I am one of the few who did not come directly from gamers to Forever. I came from Defiance, which had one big event, Capture The Flag. We valued it far above anything else, and it became the heart beat of the server. With a few small changed, we could make it big here. The rough problem with it is, the maze entering rooms is a little off, and the bigger issue, scoring. We had no "scoring". The game just ended when you acquired 5 flags. What we did also to make it so large, we created a LEAGUE for it. All the major guilds made teams to compete with eachother, in a weekly league. We would all meet on sunday. The players would be put in to the ring, and played against each other. It was SOOOOOO fun. Imagine all the major guilds, creating teams to compete in a CTF League. Of course the prize is worthy of the effort. It was so fun and amazing, we use to get really awesome counselor-style robes, with certain colors, designating us as the winning team, it would have your guild's name on it. I wanted to add a few pictures in here, just to show you how damn good we use to be. Look at what ive done to the players on UOF. Eppy if youre reading this, im begging you, come talk to me a little. There are other defiance players that would die for a shot at you guys running a CTF League.

Attachments

• 4 caps.png
    4 caps.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 5 flags dfi style.png
    5 flags dfi style.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 39
I am one of the few who did not come directly from gamers to Forever. I came from Defiance, which had one big event, Capture The Flag. We valued it far above anything else, and it became the heart beat of the server. With a few small changed, we could make it big here. The rough problem with it is, the maze entering rooms is a little off, and the bigger issue, scoring. We had no "scoring". The game just ended when you acquired 5 flags. What we did also to make it so large, we created a LEAGUE for it. All the major guilds made teams to compete with eachother, in a weekly league. We would all meet on sunday. The players would be put in to the ring, and played against each other. It was SOOOOOO fun. Imagine all the major guilds, creating teams to compete in a CTF League. Of course the prize is worthy of the effort. It was so fun and amazing, we use to get really awesome counselor-style robes, with certain colors, designating us as the winning team, it would have your guild's name on it. I wanted to add a few pictures in here, just to show you how damn good we use to be. Look at what ive done to the players on UOF. Eppy if youre reading this, im begging you, come talk to me a little. There are other defiance players that would die for a shot at you guys running a CTF League.

Nightfallx,

We have been trying to get the staff to make changes to CTF for over 3 years. For some reason they continue to think we care about Valentines Cards over more player-invested interests like CTF. We have been stuck with the same basic CTF course since it was created. Wait, correction: It only had two teams at first, now it has four. Point being... you just run from one end to the other with no challenges or interest or changing layout options etc.

Please... whatever I can do to help them add things to the events I will support and try to help you.

We need everything re-done, or simply randomized additional layout/map options. People love CTF, King of the Hill and FFA. ( Team vs team is literally the most garbage/laziest of the events we have. It's dumb. Justsayin.) But they have been the same way for the 4 years i've played here and nothing has been changed or improved.

@Staff What do we need to do to show you that we want more interest put into updating 4+ year old content over adding more care-bear stuff? Not trying to be shitty... I'm a devoted UOF player and play nowhere else, but we need someone on the staff that has player interest and making updates/changes. Not more decorations to lock down.

Thanks. GL OP.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Nightfallx,

We have been trying to get the staff to make changes to CTF for over 3 years. For some reason they continue to think we care about Valentines Cards over more player-invested interests like CTF. We have been stuck with the same basic CTF course since it was created. Wait, correction: It only had two teams at first, now it has four. Point being... you just run from one end to the other with no challenges or interest or changing layout options etc.

Please... whatever I can do to help them add things to the events I will support and try to help you.

We need everything re-done, or simply randomized additional layout/map options. People love CTF, King of the Hill and FFA. ( Team vs team is literally the most garbage/laziest of the events we have. It's dumb. Justsayin.) But they have been the same way for the 4 years i've played here and nothing has been changed or improved.

@Staff What do we need to do to show you that we want more interest put into updating 4+ year old content over adding more care-bear stuff? Not trying to be shitty... I'm a devoted UOF player and play nowhere else, but we need someone on the staff that has player interest and making updates/changes. Not more decorations to lock down.

Thanks. GL OP.

Staff is constantly working to improve everything, is what is constantly stated in Discor.d. Granted, Fay has done unreal things to the server for decorations, but to the actual content, it seems to be where the void is. However, I think that it is the easier way to deter, for example, the armored horse thread that has been going on for a couple years, with staff (Swayze saying https://www.uoforum.com/threads/horse-barding-deeds.95892/page-6), but nothing has been presented or implemented. It is unfortunate that things seem to be taken lightly and players are constantly asking for new/updated/different content, to keep engaged. Hopefully, this, among other things, will be considered.