THE TRAMMY POLL (ALERT) : what is best to make gold, fishing or tmapping?

What is the best way for trammies to make zillions?

• Total voters

Messremb

Grandmaster
Are you using a tamer?

Otherwise I don't see how you can decode those maps, look where the spots are, use rune library, kill all the spawn, loot the chests (level 5 and 6 have so much shit in them it take 10 mins minimum just to loot), id the items and sell all the trash (gems, weapons etc) in 2 and a half hours.

If i'm solo with my bard i can do maybe 3 level 5 in one hour. But then again, i'm still kinda "new" to the profession.

i made a gm lockpicker thinking i'd get easy gold, but when i go through my lockpicking runebooks half the spots are already looted, the other half contains maybe 400 gp and some bs armour. Only profitable place is khaldun if you happen to find all the chests unlooted. (btw, i have gm hiding, stealth, lockpick and remove trap, so I don't think it's possible to do it more efficiently than this. I'm basically hidden ALL the time so spawn isn't a problem and i'm doing everything as fast as possible)
I use my Provo tamer on my alt account yes. Also some pro tips.

Get your own t-map rune book set, makes life so much easier.

Make a restock agent that has every item in a treasure chest. Using mine I can loot the whole chest in about 1 min, if I can keep the spawn under control. But you don't know fun till you solo a level 6 like this. lol

Make an organizer agent similar to your restock agent that sorts stuff into chests at your house.

Those will help *speed up your t-mapping.

GL

Last edited by a moderator:

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I use my Provo tamer on my alt account yes. Also some pro tips.

Get your own t-map rune book set, makes life so much easier.

Make a restock agent that has every item in a treasure chest. Using mine I can loot the whole chest in about 1 min, if I can keep the spawn under control. But you don't know fun till you solo a level 6 like this. lol

Make an organizer agent similar to your restock agent that sorts stuff into chests at your house.

Those will help down up your t-mapping.

GL

How many times do you go back home to drop the stuff when you're doing a level 6?

Also, I'm currently raising carto on my fisher, that I plan on using with my tamer. What do you think of this :

Fishing
Archery
Anat
Tactics
Hiding
Carto
LP

Messremb

Grandmaster
How many times do you go back home to drop the stuff when you're doing a level 6?

Also, I'm currently raising carto on my fisher, that I plan on using with my tamer. What do you think of this :

Fishing
Archery
Anat
Tactics
Hiding
Carto
LP
I only go back after the chest is done. another pro tip I guess, use a beetle and always put the gold strait into it's pack. Gold makes up the majority of the weight in chests.

I run the following build for my treasure hunter

magery
Music
Provo
Lp
80 med
70 carto
50 hiding
115 fishing

I have an alt Fisher with archery.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You can read every map with 70 carto? Heard it was around 85...

Also, how can you carry all the armors and weapons that are in the chest? You split it on 2 chars?

Messremb

Grandmaster
My organizers puts all the stuff in a bag, I usually can carry it all with no issue but if I get close to over weight just toss the bag on the beetle and set a new bag.

Oh and yes 70 carto does it all.

I dont use a beetle, but I carry greater str potions and it never takes me more than two trips. He is right though, get the gold out of the way and the rest is easy to carry.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Duel client it.

Tmapper-
Magery
Meditation
Fishing
Carto- 70
Hiding
Stealth- 80
Lockpick
Resist-50

Tamer Provo
Cookie cutter setup but it works well if you have provo
2 - White Wyrms work fine and you can mount an ethy for the quick run around

Have the tamer guard, use the lockpicker to pull and precast invis when the mobs come out. Use the restock agent on Razor (works the best) to add all the regs + gems at say 500 each so it will pull them out with the quickness. Mobs will come at you at the same time so switch with tamer for provo's or stealth away first with lockpicker just incase. After that is done, make one to pull the armor and weapons. By the time you complete about 3 maps you will have all the necessary items in your restock agents. Takes literally 10 minutes to pull the good loot on a lvl 5 map with a tamer slaying all them mobs. You will probably be overweight by the time this happens so gate out and drop off at your house.
You will want to make an organizer macro for each individual item ( Regs/Gems/Armor+weapons/ or scrolls if you must but I usually skip on those) I have a chest for each and close to the porch of my house and its just 4 hotkey buttons. After gating and quickly dropping off the loot, go back in and pick up the scrolls separately without the Agent- restock option. Drop the scrolls in a dead body near a corpse til empty. Rinse + Repeat + make moneyyyyyyyyyyy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snickle

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure that all of you are doing it wrong. If you wanna make zils on the reg, just donate elebenty billion dollars. Take donation coins to whoever is runnin' shit around yew bank. Get you a vendor. Load said vendor. Take zils. Buy tram cloth. Make friends with tailor who can make you tram outfits. Go to brit bank. Sit.

At least that's how i did it.
So... you missed the whole game. Why play?

Snickle

Grandmaster
Has anyone ever met a pirate? :-/
I played a pirate back in 1999 with my older brother. On Sonoma. I was an Archer and he was a Mage. Was a ton of fun. Back when that 8x8 macro trick was in play and people left their tillers full of interesting things and sometimes their boat keys.
I remember one guy named Loki who always did 8x8 in the same spot and we always got his key from him. Like 5 times in one week.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I bought 50 lvl 5 tmaps at 7k per to run some tests.

I asked some people who are more expert than me at tmapping and they said you could make up to 4 lvl 5 tmaps per hour (tell me if I'm wrong here).

I made 3 maps.

Got 65k gold after selling crappy magic items to NPC, plus, of course, the reags, the gems, the (very) few items I kept (including a vanq +25 shepherd crook).

65k for 3 maps is 22 per map, minus the 7k it cost me, for an average of 60k gold per hour straight gold.

I think fishing is more profitable, as I can do 8-12 chests per hour with a straight profit of 10-12k per chest without counting the rares I can loot (as I did not count any SS in the tmapping calculations).

Its a 60-80k per hour VS a 80-120k per hour.

That being said, skill scrolls are (by far) easier to sell than fishing rares.

Tmapping is much more fun tho.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Tmapping is much more fun tho.

They're also a really great bonding activity for guilds. New and experienced guys together doing a high level map is really neat. Give loot to the newbs. Everyone gets to know each other. Lots of fun. That's the kind of thing the game is supposed to be about.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Many people wrote to me saying fishing couldn't be a good income source because chests are so far apart. I thought I could show you the map after I entered 300 mibs coordinate :

K0htneZ.png

There are so many that they stack. Here is a close-up :

XWLiSIf.png

Entering 300 mibs in UOAM is not fun, really. (lol) It isn't, though, as long as people think. I did 3 batch of 100 mibs (cause after 100 I'm about to explode). Took me 20 minutes for each, for a total of an hour. And now I'm set for a loooooooot of fishing :)

Messremb

Grandmaster
Many people wrote to me saying fishing couldn't be a good income source because chests are so far apart. I thought I could show you the map after I entered 300 mibs coordinate :

K0htneZ.png

There are so many that they stack. Here is a close-up :

XWLiSIf.png

Entering 300 mibs in UOAM is not fun, really. (lol) It isn't, though, as long as people think. I did 3 batch of 100 mibs (cause after 100 I'm about to explode). Took me 20 minutes for each, for a total of an hour. And now I'm set for a loooooooot of fishing :)
He's not wrong. I once fished 3 mibs without moving my boat. If you try to fish up every mib right after you get it it's not worth it. But if you save up a ton it's great.

Also, I use excel rather than uo auto map. With basic 2d thinking it works great, and takes hardly any time to enter cords.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Time to fire up the ol' pirate ship.

Thanks for showing me where you'll be

Looking forward to meeting you! My archer firing, the provoked deep water ele, my pets and a few cor por should make a nice welcome present while you try to locate me at one of these 300 location on such a small map ;)