The peacemaking skill

Don Key

Master
Peacemaking is terribad here.

Okay, so I suppose I should have read up on peacemaking before spending gold on the power scrolls. But I'll be damned if I go and get the 120 before this skill gets fixed. But that isn't the point. The point is that this skill is utterly worthless on this server. Why? My only reasonable guess is so that it isn't used to easily tame dragons and such? If this is the case, why not just make the difficulty of peacmaking them higher and keep it reasonable for other harder monsters?

My suggestion is to just make this skill useful. A peace warrior is as old of a build as the game is and I don't see why it can't be one here.

Don Key

Master
Yeah that's exactly the point. Are you going to spend the money on a 120 powerscroll just to find out you fail at 120 as well?

And god forbid you actually get a success, it will only be peaced for a second anyway..

Don Key

Master
But, I get making it hard to peace dragons and other tameables. Because it should be hard to tame them without attacking them (I assume a paralyzed dragon loses stats when you tame it at least)

Bahramyou

Adept
I have gm peacemaking and an ogre slayer lute yet i still fail at peace making a low end mob like and ogre. Barding calculator on stratics says i should have a 100% success rate. Its definitely not working.....

Ciccio

Novice
I take up this thread to not open a new one.
It is useful to buy the power scrolls of peacemaking or i waste my money?
I'm GM but i can calm only drakes and sometimes (1/100) dragons.
Will the situation improve at 120 peace?
Thank you