The new RDA system.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Didn't read any of the posts, besides the first one, but as @Ripstas said, a great addition to revamp tmaps and also make RDA's accessible by everyone (including the casual player) is to add the fragments that spawn RDA's on tmaps...

The initial idea was lv 6 only, but maybe a sliding scale of % chance on each tmap level?

This is a fantastic idea imo.

@Shane @Adam @eppy @halygon

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Didn't read any of the posts, besides the first one, but as @Ripstas said, a great addition to revamp tmaps and also make RDA's accessible by everyone (including the casual player) is to add the fragments that spawn RDA's on tmaps...

The initial idea was lv 6 only, but maybe a sliding scale of % chance on each tmap level?

This is a fantastic idea imo.

@Shane @Adam @eppy @halygon
I also like the idea of making fragments available via mining - maybe a small chance that increases with skill. Additional chance if you using a gargoyle pick and risking the elemental.

I think that making the fragments obtainable outside of the rdas is a great idea - as it stands the same groups that get the rdas also get the fragments and so the cycle continues.

GreenB

Master
I also like the idea of making fragments available via mining - maybe a small chance that increases with skill. Additional chance if you using a gargoyle pick and risking the elemental.

I think that making the fragments obtainable outside of the rdas is a great idea - as it stands the same groups that get the rdas also get the fragments and so the cycle continues.

It sounds like a cool idea, but it would have to be a very rare chance IMO. They are such a great reward to those who actually compete for the RDAs. We already have relics coming from MOTM and Champs, and now the increased drop chance. There are already people who afk script mine, and that would benefit them strongly. Maybe making them a champ drop would be better than t-maps or mining. That seems too common.

GreenB

Master
good thing I said crying for punishment not crying for a ban. You're just to eager to argue with me to read what I write I guess.

$ guild is tapping into more markets than your alliance is, they have less time to track than you do. So it's obviously in your favor to do this.

And yes, you took your bug report right to eppy instead of posting it in bug reports. That's exactly my point. Everyone is waiting for content to be developed and you're taking up staff time to ask questions about RDAs under the guise of a bug report when theres a bug report system that ranks problems based on priority so that we can get that content out. It's page button abuse. Stop doing it and stop thinking it's ok to do so.

Anyways you gotta read before you reply this time, it's annoying that you aren't doing so and it's causing another thread de-railment.

I know you didn't just say $ guild has less time to track than us..... They have more people, who stay on more hours. They literally play 24/7. You clearly don't play much or have anything to do with RDAs by making that statement. So please, before you comment in a thread about RDA suggestions, try one. Or at least ask someone who knows.

BEN!

Grandmaster
It sounds like a cool idea, but it would have to be a very rare chance IMO. They are such a great reward to those who actually compete for the RDAs. We already have relics coming from MOTM and Champs, and now the increased drop chance. There are already people who afk script mine, and that would benefit them strongly. Maybe making them a champ drop would be better than t-maps or mining. That seems too common.

is increased drop rate worth 2 mil (do you think you have made back that 2 mil in the time it took you to reach 1mil points?)

been looking for info on this

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I know you didn't just say $ guild has less time to track than us..... They have more people, who stay on more hours. They literally play 24/7. You clearly don't play much or have anything to do with RDAs by making that statement. So please, before you comment in a thread about RDA suggestions, try one. Or at least ask someone who knows.

plenty in your alliance play 24/7 as well, even if you're making less of an impact than $...

Ripstas

Master
You said yourself. These two groups have the rda pattern. Finding an rda inside the 30 minute window isn't easy. Figuring out the " hotspots" is even harder. This would allow other guilds their "own" rda. Isn't this what you want?

Ripstas

Master
I agree about mining. Why I suggested tmaps. I know several people with thunters. These characters get 0 usage.

Bigwyrm

Adept
one of our main rda players is staff, you really think we didn't report the issue?

DId i show you guys a pic of my dog as a puppy?

kuKxQ8Y.jpg

never been kicked

So the system was fine gm approved when you had it all to yourself and did every rda every 6 hrs right ?
And then $ comes and fights them at alot of RDA ..NOW THIS PST from the guy with the most rda points ( he even makes a thread bragging to server about how he is RDA king!! ) This guy is now tagging every gm and outcries for change lol
Clear as day what is going on here ..END OF STORY !
So tired of the Forum abuse wasting all the gms time ..you and your guild are drain on this server and #uofcrybabies

The new RDA system was supposed to make RDAs available to more people with them spawning in traveled areas. Eppy told us it was to make them more available to everyone. Before this change, you had to put in hard work by checking everywhere overland with a small chance of finding one. This tracking could take hours with a few people. Which is fair, because of the massive rewards.

Since the RDA changes, finding all RDAs takes anywhere from 5-30 minutes. The majority of the time they are all even completed within 30 minutes of the fresh cycle. There are major hotspots for them to spawn, and the major guilds know where they are. This makes it impossible for any newer guilds to even attempt one. I know they are end game content, but that shouldn't only be catered to 2-3 large groups. These 2-3 large groups were also the ones doing them before the changes, but other smaller groups could find and complete them as well.

In the past weeks since the revamp, these 2-3 guilds are the only ones doing them. IMO it ruined the system. You know where they will spawn now, you can find them and complete them within 30 minutes, and they are basically impossible to be completed by other guilds. The only thing that has changed with the new system, is that they are much too easy to find, the largest group seems to get them all and monopolize it, and the time investment is much too small for the possible rewards.

Everyone had a fair chance at competing when you had to track everywhere overland to find one. I think the dungeons were a good inclusion though. This is not a cry thread, as our alliance still gets RDAs. It is a well thought out suggestion to change the system back to the old way they were spawning so more people have an opportunity. They are called mysterious gates for a reason. It should be a mystery where they spawn. Not in the same field or town every 6 hours. Not so mysterious then.

I welcome any feedback, unless it is not constructive. Please let me hear your opinions. I would also really like to hear Staff's opinion on this.

@eppy @Adam @Shane @halygon

@JoeB @Liberty

P.s. Make the faction RDA a 4th portal that only members of that faction can enter, so people won't abuse the system and it gives actual factioners an incentive. This should definitely be included.

Hydro

Grandmaster
I like the idea of tmaps/mining finding frags give new ways for the casual player to get a and work up to killing a RDA boss mob

i also miss having to really track for them, we used to have to zone places of map off for people to search and it felt like a real search. now just recall to 4-5 hotspots and 90% of the time you will find one its boring

Guwap

Grandmaster
ITT:

$ doesn't understand what a joke is.

wreckognize still thinks his opinions matter on content he doesn't do/doesn't try to do.

almost every poster has bad reading comprehension skills (this isn't the first time patterns have been reported, just the first time your dumb asses have learned ab it).

The RDA system was perfectly fine before this change. I'd argue that the gem of portals + the old system (+dungeons maybe) is far better than the new system. Don't value my opinion though. I've only done hundreds of RDAs.

Fragments from t-maps is kinda interesting, but why drop from those? What does hunting treasure have to do with RDAs? I guess it gives average joes more of a chance to get fragments and run their own RDAs. Or groups that don't have dedicated PvP tamers. Possible good idea here.

Definitely no drops from mining due to EasyUO scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigwyrm

Adept
This is for last two pst from the guys in the same guild as guy who started this awful post .who still think they understand rda's lol
:
The idea of letting t-mappers and miners get a frag is awful ..

This is currently a reward for "highest" damage in a RDA..

Gms got it right thanks though :) I think as a reward for tracking, finding ,fighting for and then completing the rda with top score..You should be able to pop your own rda anywhere it is the best reward in the game atm.

Not go out alone do a t-map get same ability lol ..

:

Also the old "system" was fine sure..I think it was more boring though..Ya know same old story track for hr on all chars then find one, then do it unchallenged ya ..."Yawn" wake me up when you get your 105 peace ty.

I do understand the GMs need for the new system that opens Rda's up to more people. So they happen to spawn in more common areas now ..that opens the game up to new and exciting things.

The new system is fun and is creating more chance encounters between guilds/enemys.. that is what this game is about .

We were pioneers in finding Rda's by running and/or tracking then later advanced methods.
Dont forget who was the original rda kings here we have done more rda's than you have ever done.

Bromista

Grandmaster
ITT:

$ doesn't understand what a joke is.

wreckognize still thinks his opinions matter on content he doesn't do/doesn't try to do.

almost every poster has bad reading comprehension skills (this isn't the first time patterns have been reported, just the first time your dumb asses have learned ab it).

The RDA system was perfectly fine before this change. I'd argue that the gem of portals + the old system (+dungeons maybe) is far better than the new system. Don't value my opinion though. I've only done hundreds of RDAs.

Fragments from t-maps is kinda interesting, but why drop from those? What does hunting treasure have to do with RDAs? I guess it gives average joes more of a chance to get fragments and run their own RDAs. Or groups that don't have dedicated PvP tamers. Possible good idea here.

Definitely no drops from mining due to EasyUO scripts.
Yeah, I think just adding in some random encounters that are sorta like tmaps with spawn around them and good loot in the chest/miniboss with a small % relic drop, but also like RDAs with RANDOM locations and every so many spawn per X hours...that would be more interesting that portal fragments in tmap chests.

Maybe do something like that and include portal fragments in those chests?

Thoughts?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Yeah, I think just adding in some random encounters that are sorta like tmaps with spawn around them and good loot in the chest/miniboss with a small % relic drop, but also like RDAs with RANDOM locations and every so many spawn per X hours...that would be more interesting that portal fragments in tmap chests.
Maybe do something like that and include portal fragments in those chests?

Thoughts?
I think something needs to be added for the smaller groups or individuals be it fragments available from some other place than rdas or mini quests has been mentioned many times before. Old or new system - portals will always be contested by the larger more organised guilds.

Personally I like the new system as it also feels like a quality of life upgrade - not as many endless hours of tracking. If the intention was to drive up competition/interest, it is certainly doing that. Portals are now a top priority - best to find them fast and always have a lookout and defensive strategy given you are likely to be seeing others.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
right now yes $ guild is stomping the RDA scene sure, but it's only a matter of time before the people they fight get better and start getting the rewards. you cant penalize a guild just because they got good from practice. I don't see any problem with the new system and I agree spawning your own RDA should be a reward for being good at doing the public RDAs.

Just spawn RDAs in the newbie dungeon so messyroom can do them on his alt young account

Hydro

Grandmaster
right now yes $ guild is stomping the RDA scene sure, but it's only a matter of time before the people they fight get better and start getting the rewards. you cant penalize a guild just because they got good from practice. I don't see any problem with the new system and I agree spawning your own RDA should be a reward for being good at doing the public RDAs.

Just spawn RDAs in the newbie dungeon so messyroom can do them on his alt young account
until everyone has to make 5 accounts with tamers i dont see many people contesting $