The MOTM Event - my little whine

Firecrest

Grandmaster
So, I went through the gate thinking, yes this is difficult or I may die. I go in to the portal, dead instantly. Why does the gate have to be surrounded? It would be nice to be able to at least try, I don't have nor do I want a tamer. I don't even mind the death but come on have the gate where I can at least port in. ... Just annoying.. That is all.

MegaHz

Apprentice
it's useless to even walk through a gate, too many casters. You may as well ignore the event gates. I've watched 2 people with greater dragons get smoked off in under 10 seconds within the last 3 mins.

gs1fxef.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dupster

Apprentice
Then the res killing PK's are the next thing to worry about once you get past the gate.

Bunch of ....

fillyblunts

Novice
I agree with this completely. I didn't even bother trying to go through a gate, figured it would be the same as the last orc invasion....instadeath pointlessness.

Marac

Expert
I went through the gate for the first time going into an event, instant died as well, and i thought in my mind wtf is this bull****.... there should be at least a safe area when we get in there. :/

Smokey

Novice
I tried to do the event, but almost everywhere I tried to walk I kept getting bounced back off of nothing and had to give up on it.
It was like when you walk onto an invisible piece of a private house.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
I can't think of any event besides the grinch at Christmas where the gates weren't completely surrounded with mobs that insta-agro. It would be nice to get to an event safely :p

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yeah staff needs to do a better job at putting gates to invasion events in safe spots away from the actual spawners. Smack dab in the middle of the hoard is pretty much guaranteed death. The players most likely to take those gates are newbies to the server as well. You really want to make that kind of impression?

MegaHz

Apprentice
Hide or cast inviso then go in gate at least will safely give you an idea

The problem was that gates were one way only. You came in from a bank with no way back out. The second you appeared, you got smoked by all the casters. The event was fine if you came at it from the public moongate (that is if you ignored the fact that a group of reds had herded 90% of the blues to sit inside the guard zone at the gate, too afraid to leave, thus killing the PvM aspect of the event)

End game PvM on this level (you're talking hundreds of mobs that will 2 shot you) and PvP just dont mix. You have at least 2-3 mobs Exp/Ebolt/Para/poisoning you, and when you do finally carve out a corner that you can start to manage, 2 or 3 reds pop in.

KPntRjv.png