The lowdown on the camping skill

VileGhost

Journeyman
Hi all!

So I ran a lot of simulations with the camping skill to see if at 100.0 camping when using it to log out, in combat and with skill gains and it had some very surprising effects!!!

I also tested using camping on an alt while in a party with the person using the camping skill and the effects I am about to explain are shared between the two.

For the first effect if you create a camp with a GM camper then log out for what I can gather at least a 12 hour period when you log back in you will gain a bonus to gold drops. For example if you kill a dragon without thjis bonus you can get 1100-1300 gold but with this bonus I was getting 1600 - 1800 gold. It also seems to effect skill gains anytoime I logged out I put my tamer in a party with my camper then logged both of them out for the first hour or so I would get mad skill gains (1.0 to 1.5 points in first hour from 90.0 to 91-91.5 in one hour of taming!!!)

Additionally, It seems that if you create a camp then fight inside your camp you have created I would get a health regen bonus about 2hp tic per second and mana regen bonus about 5mana a sec with a gm med char in same party. It also seemed to boost my min/max dmg a char in camp in same party with gm mage eval and med would strike a bull outside the camp for 65-70 dmg. When the same characted is placed inside a GM camp I would hit the bull for 85-95dmg I only tested this on bulls and with magery but I would assume that any increase would benefit any combat skill.

Now that I have completed my testing I just wanted to share this information with everyone it seems if you have a GM camper and you want to farm or do PVP there are many benefits to it other then just createing an insta log out spot. Very nice skill indeed when used in the right spots/situations.

I was unable to test if you had 2 or more gm campers if the effects stack for each person that builds a gm camp if the effects do stack you could create a camp that would allow you to one shot just about anything with enough campers.

If anyone wants to help test further let me know!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Holy shit did you just blow the whistle on a game changing bonus that few know about or what?!

Well done, sir.

Did someone say IDOC or champ c-c-c-combo breaker?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Everyday ultima online forever player discovers one crazy trick that will make you rich!

The obvious question: How does this effect begging?

VileGhost

Journeyman
Everyday ultima online forever player discovers one crazy trick that will make you rich!

The obvious question: How does this effect begging?

Well sir,

It probable increases gold income from begging for first hour or so. and also increased chance of getting dono vendor items by 100%

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Wait wait wait.....animal taming on one hour was 1.5+ skill gain? That would make animal taming ss cost less than half if people where to use this to gain lvls!! HAZZZZAH! Additonally what is the radius of the camp that you create at gm? How long does your camp fire last?

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
First begging, now camping? Do Forensic Evaluation next!
Don't be silly, Forensic Evaluation has no hidden bonuses, but spirit speak does.

I never made a camping character before, glad to know there are some benefits other than insta logging.

VileGhost

Journeyman
Wait wait wait.....animal taming on one hour was 1.5+ skill gain? That would make animal taming ss cost less than half if people where to use this to gain lvls!! HAZZZZAH! Additonally what is the radius of the camp that you create at gm?

Yes but remember only timed I noticed increase skill gains was after extended log out periods of 8+ hours can't make camp log out and in instaently and get bonus. Makes since so that way it can't be abused I would say camp radius for me at gm is a little over half a screen. And stacking my own camps on same screen did not increase benefits. Wonder if different player camps on same screen would stack thou....

Yes but remember only time i

Nanashi

Grandmaster
**wow that's ok, didn't want a 100% easy way out ticket. It also doesn't totally destroy the exploit but maybe I will take up camping skill. So let's say you camp, log back in a couple hours later, can you move the camp and still get bonus? Lol I'm still waiting for that one person here to just say "Try it out your self bro!!!"

VileGhost

Journeyman
[qDon't ="Nanashi, post: 220397, member: 7291"]**wow that's ok, didn't want a 100% easy way out ticket. It also doesn't totally destroy the exploit but maybe I will take up camping skill. So let's say you camp, log back in a couple hours later, can you move the camp and still get bonus? Lol I'm still waiting for that one person here to just say "Try it out your self bro!!!"[/quote]

I havint tried that but I would imagine timer would reset for bonus or it would be finished.
Don't know on that I havint tried it I would assume timer would start

Dont