The Lord Blackthorn PARAGON Chest - What's INSIDE?

SidX

Grandmaster
As some know @Iniak recently snagged a paragon chest from Lord Blackthorn himself during the 5-year anniversary event! I was fortunate enough to win the auction and decided to pop the chest!

Drumroll...

qV3Tcgu.jpg

WHAT'S INSIDE? Scroll down to find out!

YWqtERy.jpg

hAuiz20.jpg

NZjpyRM.jpg

Almost there...!

Contents:
  • 8,400gp
  • An insidiously drawn treasure map for somewhere in Felucca
  • 1 amethyst
  • 2 sapphire
  • 1 tourmaline
  • 1 emerald
  • 1 citrine
  • 188 nightshade
  • 46 garlic
  • 47 mandrake root
  • Magic Trap scroll
  • Summon Water Elemental scroll
  • Feeblemind scroll
  • Polymorph scroll
  • Energy Field scroll
  • Reveal scroll
  • Bandana
  • Quarter Staff [Power]
  • Pitchfork [Forfied/Eminently Accurate]
  • Shepherd's Crook [Might/Supremely Accurate]
  • Maul [Exceedingly Accurate]
  • Metal Kite Shield [Fortified]
  • Close Helmet [Massive/Invulnerability]
  • Hatchet [Massive/Supremely Accurate]
  • Viking Sword [Indestructible/Accurate]
  • Plate Arms [Substantial/Hardening]
  • Norse Helm [Durable]
  • Mace [Earth Shatter/Might/Eminently Accurate]
Unfortunately it didn't contain the fallon Lord Blackthorn statue I hoped would be in there, lol. But in the end, a good experience had!

SidX

Grandmaster
All good, I literally buy nothing with my gold since I only play a thief. Just stockpile it in my bank.. so 2.6m of digital gold for a chest / sweet deco item that is one of a kind isn't too bad. Not many one-of-a-kind rares going around for 2.6m.

Pve champ

Novice
All good, I literally buy nothing with my gold since I only play a thief. Just stockpile it in my bank.. so 2.6m of digital gold for a chest / sweet deco item that is one of a kind isn't too bad. Not many one-of-a-kind rares going around for 2.6m.

Well you had a big sack taking the gamble hehe

Iniak

Neophyte
Many people were interested and everyone knew there was a chance it was a normal paragon chest. Many of us also hoped there was something special inside. I commend SidX and everyone else who bid for being optimists.

If I wasn't fairly new to the server still trying to deck out my meta drag(lvl 6 with only Nox lvl 7 and now thanks to SidX molten lvl2) , I would have opened it myself.

I don't think I'm alone in saying this anniversary event was a pleasure to be a part of and we are all lucky to have such an awesome server to play on.

And a thanks to SidX for such a great post on the chest's contents.

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I can't say I'm surprised, just felt like a Paragon chest to me - I would have expected a unique hue to the chest itself if it was going to be something different. Still a pretty cool 1 of a kind chest to have, and great to have drummed up some excitement in the auction, and posting the results here! I was really hoping when I saw Swayze pots on the auction, that staff would have snuck in and put something special in the chest!