The Cure 2.0 - Still broken?

Decoy

Grandmaster
Hello. It seems to us owners of the new cure ("The Cure 2.0") which is meant to grant the silver slayer property to your character for some time is not working. There is some bizarre behavior with this item right now:

1. Using the item starts a cool down period. The system displays a timer of 60 minutes if used immediately after, and it appears to count down from 60 minutes. However, it will count down to 0 and start again at 60. It seems to do this several times - perhaps for 12 hours or more. Is it intended to be a 12+ hour cool down? Or 60 minutes? My understanding is the effect lasts 1 hour, so perhaps it was intended to have been a 1 hour cool down?

2. The slayer property is not actually applied. I am able to see the slayer flash (white dot) when landing a hit on an undead mob, but the damage is not changed.

I think people have been suggesting this has been broken since the slayer deed update. Is there any plan to address this issue? One of these items recently sold for over 7,000,000 gold which is pretty steep for an item that does not work properly.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I saw the white flash only when my cure was in my pack a couple days ago. Did not pay attention to the actual damage though.

Decoy

Grandmaster
I saw the white flash only when my cure was in my pack a couple days ago. Did not pay attention to the actual damage though.

Same. I had to use it and have in my pack to see the flash, but the damage was exactly the same as before I used it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol

Oops

I replied in that selling thread that it was reported broken and everyone just ignored me haha

Even if it worked it's worth 2 mil tops I mean let's be serious ppl

Just lols all around really

Bromista

Grandmaster
Maybe it's not that big of a deal because there was all the talk of a GM update...so they will fix them possibly? Depending on which one you have?

I think there were about 70 of the functional cures awarded between the two zombie events that had them so there's a few out there...

Either way, man...couple mil tops

The cure is not really useful anyways seeing how there's the older one that gives you permanent silver slaying abilities with anything you wish to use, even your fists. I reported this like years ago and it still works.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Look, it may not be a great idea to buy one but it's not the worst idea either. It's still rare for one, and you don't know if it's gonna get fixed or not.

I sold a working cure six or eight months ago for 2m because I didn't need two and it actually took a little bit of work to get a buyer. Current offers are nuts.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
Up time and cooldown are intended and unchanged. He fixed it so it will actually apply the silver damage as before.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
Seems about right..though I haven't tested the timers myself. I do know that you can use at least two cures back to back.