The Cripple King Event Tonight

I'd be a lot more inclined to participate in a multi-day event, or even a week long event. Spread out so you don't have, for lack of a better phrase, 500 monkeys trying to fuck the same Vaseline covered football.

However I applaud the effort put into the quest event.. which I've said in another thread as well :)

LOL! Read your post while sipping my coffee at work and almost spat it out!!! "500 monkeys trying to fuck the same vaselined football" lol!! Well said!! Totally agreed.

Oh, one more thing, make the mobs hard, yes, but make pets do 50% less dmg or something. I don't have a tamer and im not try to cry over it, but i do see and hear many others giving up because they cant outdamage a tamet fast enough, which I concur. Tamers = win in events...

Kalos

Apprentice
I thought the mobs dropping 100% perfect weapons every kill was a bit much. Especially considering about 7 months ago vanqs were temporarily disabled from the loot table, to try and reduce the amount of them throughout the world.

I had fun at the event though. In the future, please don't start the quest in a room with spells disabled. Getting out of the starting location was the hardest part.

Spydee

Journeyman
I thought the mobs dropping 100% perfect weapons every kill was a bit much. Especially considering about 7 months ago vanqs were temporarily disabled from the loot table, to try and reduce the amount of them throughout the world.

I had fun at the event though. In the future, please don't start the quest in a room with spells disabled. Getting out of the starting location was the hardest part.

Since Kalos posted this he must be like me now, out of lockdowns... I Agree, insane drops way to much. However, I built some nice suits and racked up on weapons.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
i dont think it was a terrible event just basically had to be a tamer to get anywhere in it and im not a tamer lol
Just curious. Which aspect(s) of the quest did you find were tamer oriented only?

All the mobs that dropped the bodyparts were able to be provo'd or even hit for little damage to award looting rights.

Boss itself insta nuked all pets every special attack due to them clinging onto his nuts and not having brains to move accordingly.

Just curious how your dislike for tamers pertains to the quest.

TheGooch

Master
Didn't get to participate(was on and off pc, damn ncaa tourney!)but saw ALOT of players all over the place. That in itself deserves kudos. Great fuckin job staff and nihil!

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Didn't get to participate(was on and off pc, damn ncaa tourney!)but saw ALOT of players all over the place. That in itself deserves kudos. Great fuckin job staff and nihil!

Appreciated. Hopefully you'll get to participate in future stuff. Gotta say though, this whole thing was Adam. He put together an awesome backstory, and an awesome concept which took some long hours. I was more of a person he could bounce ideas off of, and help test various aspects.
These guys have real jobs/lives/school too, so it's easy for us to forget just how much time goes into concepts/coding/testing/fuition, so some shit's bound to get buggered along the way. Important thing is constructive FEEDBACK. And learning from errors. No one's houses fell or characters deleted, so all in all no harm.
Just the fact alone that they're always working on numerous things to better the server/playing experience while keeping its foundation intact is pretty awesome.

Brian Eno

Neophyte
Appreciated. Hopefully you'll get to participate in future stuff. Gotta say though, this whole thing was Adam. He put together an awesome backstory, and an awesome concept which took some long hours. I was more of a person he could bounce ideas off of, and help test various aspects.
These guys have real jobs/lives/school too, so it's easy for us to forget just how much time goes into concepts/coding/testing/fuition, so some shit's bound to get buggered along the way. Important thing is constructive FEEDBACK. And learning from errors. No one's houses fell or characters deleted, so all in all no harm.
Just the fact alone that they're always working on numerous things to better the server/playing experience while keeping its foundation intact is pretty awesome.

I think it went very well. I'm new to the server and you guys do a great job. keep it up. Special events add a dynamic to the server and add to its appeal. I think the only problem I had was player collision. The combat at the end was pretty epic! I bet a lot of those details took some serious man hours. Great job!

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
All i hear is wahhhhhhhh i went to an event which was free and didnt get an uber item...
Christ shut up you whinging trammies....

Imagine if my pk guild was all online for this and pked you? You would have got even less....

Cry cry cry. Youre lucky the GMs even listen to this drivel.

Why would anyone cry? From what I am reading they dropped massive amounts of perfect weaps, this in itself would have made it worth going to. Too bad I missed it :(

Just curious. Which aspect(s) of the quest did you find were tamer oriented only?

All the mobs that dropped the bodyparts were able to be provo'd or even hit for little damage to award looting rights.

Boss itself insta nuked all pets every special attack due to them clinging onto his nuts and not having brains to move accordingly.

Just curious how your dislike for tamers pertains to the quest.

Never said i didnt like tamers at all bro. Going at those stone dragons they killed me in 2 hits lmao and in the portal it was so hard to get any of the things you needed to to the amount of people around each monster

Qualtar

Master
I'd be a lot more inclined to participate in a multi-day event, or even a week long event. Spread out so you don't have, for lack of a better phrase, 500 monkeys trying to fuck the same Vaseline covered football.

However I applaud the effort put into the quest event.. which I've said in another thread as well :)

This is prolly the best response. Events are awesome. Shanes post was pretty clear with his frustration, but remember Shane, a huge portion of the players on this site dont even have a drivers license, so theres that. Longer events gets my vote.