The Cripple King Event Tonight

Nurayia

Expert
it was... crowded. Had some fun, but didn't make it to the final boss, the floor was covered in corpses of humans and dragons too ^^

S

Shane

It went alright. Unfortunately you have to hold 90% of the peoples hands non stop when doing any event ever. Also if an event takes longer than 30 minutes people start getting ancy.

Also most people just want to get to the end, they aren't very interested in questing/are lazy/just want massive rewards with little to no effort. We are going to start doing these in a different way soon i think here.

It went alright. Unfortunately you have to hold 90% of the peoples hands non stop when doing any event ever. Also if an event takes longer than 30 minutes people start getting ancy.

Also most people just want to get to the end, they aren't very interested in questing/are lazy/just want massive rewards with little to no effort. We are going to start doing these in a different way soon i think here.

i would love a quest where it was me and a couple of friends even if it took hours to complete

Kraden

Grandmaster

I dot think you should do anything different besides maybe not cater to people getting frustrated. People getting antsy however is normal but whatever thats the point. I just wish they were repeatable so i could go back and do them actually on mu time. Screw the phat event loots im all about the story line and saying i got to do it.

+1 even though i didnt get to stay the whole time

I'd love a quest that required me to log in and rewarded me with a one of a kind blaze unicorn.

dont be a smart ass because thats not what i said what i meant was a few different quests where a group of players can do on their own i didnt say anything about a big reward hell take off the rewards it would just be something cool to do

Illy

Master
dont be a smart ass because thats not what i said what i meant was a few different quests where a group of players can do on their own i didnt say anything about a big reward hell take off the rewards it would just be something cool to do

images

Spydee

Journeyman
Our guild had fun, there was some confusion. I was unsure about the pace of the event, as in do we have two hours to reach our goal or two days... either way we found tons of scrolls, quest items, loot and other cool things. We made it to the boss and got our hits in.

Negative-tamers are cool and helpful but I feel if all the pets were gone it would make for less confusion, server lag and more fun for everyone. In the end you couldn't tell what was alive dead or where anything was for all the dragons on screen.

Still made for a great day of UO, thx.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
We had fun in Wrong. Some people have some great constructive critisizm posts. Don't take those as complaining but rather suggestions. The ending was a bit disappointing but up to that point, I loved the storyline and quest part. Was a bit better when you could push through though. I liked the dungeon. I applaud any effort put into these events so thank you on behalf of Trin and BW.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Why is it always EST?

The server is located in that time-zone.
I would suspect that EST times are probably the most convenient/relevent for the majority of the Devs to be online to monitor/adjust things as they progress due to IRL obligations as well.
Too late in the day, and the reverse populous wouldn't be able to attend, too early, same thing.
They try to pick times that will allow for the majority of online attendance, during peak play times. They monitor stuff like that, thus timeslots are chosen based off them.
World is a big place, can't get everyone every time.

Sindaen

Novice
I'd be a lot more inclined to participate in a multi-day event, or even a week long event. Spread out so you don't have, for lack of a better phrase, 500 monkeys trying to fuck the same Vaseline covered football.

However I applaud the effort put into the quest event.. which I've said in another thread as well :)

Indeed! Heres what i thought since this was my first UO event ever. I felt like everyone wanted to finish and beat others, it felt like a race! To me, the instructions were a little to vauge, and def to long IMO. Maybe it was because im EST time, by 7 pm (3 hours) into it, Many people like myself said "fuck it". I rather go eat dinner.. I know finding a right time is hard to satisfy all, but that was just my 2 cents..

Nonetheless, A for effort..

illusion

Master

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was a staff member on a free shard back in the day, Metropolis (not sure if anyone remembers it?) anyway... this was always the case. Unless there was a global handout and step by step instructions - people raged. What I did though that always seemed to have success, and at the same time puzzling... a scavenger hunt. So I suggest that, to "whoo" the event go'ers! Gota kiss babies and shake hands.