Thank you for listening

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I've tested it a bit.
1: a player looting a blue corpse turns grey and you attack him. You do not lose your talisman abilities.
2: a player steals from you and you attack them. You do not lose your talisman abilities.
3: you attack a guild member. You do not lose talisman abilities.

With all these bad changes can we atleast get another bad change reversed?

You know the one where mobs attack reds over blues regardless of your position?

kolbycrouch

Master
i think swamp dragon should work.

slayer armor isnt terrible and i like the idea of more risk for more protection, but he mitigation is too high.

swampy 20% that also worked with firebreath is probably just right.

it also means you wouldnt take a giant beetle, so you probably couldnt dry-loot, which i think forces a little balance.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I've tested it a bit.
1: a player looting a blue corpse turns grey and you attack him. You do not lose your talisman abilities.
2: a player steals from you and you attack them. You do not lose your talisman abilities.
3: you attack a guild member. You do not lose talisman abilities.

Dont think its working as intended if this works this way and i just hope its not a red v blue thing down the road.

Agressor should lose its def talisman bonus regardless of being a pk / blue / grey etc

@eppy

Xiulan

Master
Nah, no one should be praised in this case, as this topic had already been argued from every angle BEFORE the ham-fisted talisman disable. Those arguments should have been considered prior to making the change.

It's true that the topic had already been covered extensively and this whole fiasco could have been easily avoided, but I think Eppy deserves credit both for being against the nerf in the first place and for doing what he can to find a workable compromise now. Maybe if people don't nitpick him to death we'll see more changes that navigate the middle ground and aren't ham-fisted. And maybe we can finally move away from the whole "whine until you get your way" model.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
You obviously didn't read or weren't involved in any of the conversations that took place when it was introduced! It works the way you want it to... that's all!

This modification still screws over lots of players who leveled it for the intended propose... and yes that purpose was verified by both Shane and Eppy well over a year ago!

No offence but #@$@ I hate when people comment on shit they aren't educated on!

WRONG. Talismans were never meant to have any effect on pvp. You are fake news.

StegcO

Grandmaster
IMO Original Sin was allowing reds to wear Talisman, not becouse Talisman on Reds is wrong in a universally way, but becouse now there are infinite thing to manage

red vs blue disable1/disable2/disableboth
red vs red disable1/disable2/disableboth
blue vs blue disable1/disable2/disableboth
grey vs blue disable1/disable2/disableboth

StegcO

Grandmaster
If staff remove talisman from the game werkt will dont have anymore an exscuse to stay 24/7 in a personal secluded map

kolbycrouch

Master
WRONG. Talismans were never meant to have any effect on pvp. You are fake news.
thats wrong

the defense talisman got change so it to work vs pets.
Staff changed it from 50% mitigation to ~30-35% mitigation, and I believe it was shane who said it was an appropriate balance to pets.

Acknowledging a problem in a mechanic and then tweaking it would make one assume that they intended it to work that way.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Staff changed it from 50% mitigation to ~30-35% mitigation, and I believe it was shane who said it was an appropriate balance to pets.

Acknowledging a problem in a mechanic and then tweaking it would make one assume that they intended it to work that way.

That 30-35% mitigation is across the board against everything? I have noticed my defense dexxer is more squishy!