Tamingglskdfjao;lsdrfjuao;ewrjflasdf

Xiulan

Master
Can you buy taming skill scrolls or power scrolls with donation tokens? I'm so sick of this shit I'm willing to pay real money just to get it over with.

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
You can buy dono and sell/trade them to players for taming ss. Dono coins are 150-170k per 1k and taming ss sell for 225-275k per.

Xiulan

Master
ONE point? Holy fuck.

That would cost me 10.5 million at the lowest... over $500 in real money, just to gm a skill so I can tame pets with nerfed speed and skill loss every time they die, which will be often because this is pk town and I don't know wtf I'm doing?

That's insane.

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
ONE point? Holy fuck.

That would cost me 10.5 million at the lowest... over $500 in real money, just to gm a skill so I can tame pets with nerfed speed and skill loss every time they die, which will be often because this is pk town and I don't know wtf I'm doing?

That's insane.
If you're on later I will help you. What is your real skill now? I can take you around the spots I used to tame to obtain GM.

As a benchmark, I would tame 1-2hrs a night and it took 6 days total play time. It is a commitment and does take a lot of time, but well worth it! If you can get a meta egg now, it's a good time to train both.

Xiulan

Master
I'm at 53.2 real...which has taken me a month to achieve because this was my first character and I didn't understand how templates work when I made it.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm starting to hit the "why am I even doing this, I thought games were supposed to be fun" point.

I'm at 53.2 real...which has taken me a month to achieve because this was my first character and I didn't understand how templates work when I made it.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm starting to hit the "why am I even doing this, I thought games were supposed to be fun" point.

I hit that point after about an hour taming tbh, i guess it's not really for me. But I have a berzerker talisman now, so basically just as grindy as taming stuff, and I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and go taming lol. Some rune libraries have a 'taming' runebook, with the approximate level to go there. Good luck, have fun!

Xiulan

Master
Thanks, you too! Easy Cheese gave me some great tips that are making me hate this much less, and hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to actually play this character. I'll keep an eye out for any of those taming runebooks, good to know.

Kitroll

Apprentice
Thanks, you too! Easy Cheese gave me some great tips that are making me hate this much less, and hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to actually play this character. I'll keep an eye out for any of those taming runebooks, good to know.
starting off with a tamer is very hard, cos you need some money to support. (like lvling magery to gate, 7days to bond with yr pet)
to train a melee char to farm only cost u 1day of time, i believe many old players would love to give you support of basic armor.
im 4days old, tamer will be my second char, good luck have fun!

starting off with a tamer is very hard, cos you need some money to support. (like lvling magery to gate, 7days to bond with yr pet)
to train a melee char to farm only cost u 1day of time, i believe many old players would love to give you support of basic armor.
im 4days old, tamer will be my second char, good luck have fun!

Correct, if you are new you are much better off making a full dexxer or provo dexxer to farm gold and other items needed first.

My first UO forever character - Lumber / swords / anat / tacts / healing / resist / alchemy (used to farm about 175k)

Just about to finish my tamer, whilst I was farming my lumber I set my tamer macroing his skills (also levels characters stats quick), I got to 6x GM without breaking a sweat and in the background whilst playing my lumber.

1 - Decide your tamer template - mine is taming/lore/mage/peace/music/provo/vet (full farming tamer)
2 - Set macros in background whilst playing other characters (I 6x GM'd my character in background by macroing music, then peace, then provo, then lore, then vet and finally magery.
3 - This just leaves that last hard push to GM animal taming - LIFE IS A *****

Good luck and watch out for those mongbats...

Xiulan

Master
Yeah, I realize now that I went about this all wrong... and shouldn't have tried to make my first character a tamer anyway. But through tenacity/perversity I've managed to get to 109 taming, all without a single scroll!

Now I can't seem to catch a gain on anything, though. Not even hell hounds.

Is it time to stop trying and switch to skill scrolls?

Yeah, I realize now that I went about this all wrong... and shouldn't have tried to make my first character a tamer anyway. But through tenacity/perversity I've managed to get to 109 taming, all without a single scroll!

Now I can't seem to catch a gain on anything, though. Not even hell hounds.

Is it time to stop trying and switch to skill scrolls?

Wow, good effort! Try drakes and white wyrms you should gain off them