Taming Question RE: Peacemaking

Shacktus

Neophyte
I have been reading a ton of threads regarding provo/tamers.

Most of them say that they dropped peacemaking after they GM'd Animal Taming.

My Question is: Isn't Peacemaking kinda required to tame things like Dragons/WW/Nightmare's?

I've never actually attempted to tame anything as tough as a Dragon, as I have never been above 60 taming. Is there a guide somewhere that helps with how to tame these types of creatures w/o peacemaking?

Thank you in advance!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Just cast paralyze til you run out of Mana. If you've failed a ton med up and start over again. It's that easy.

Easier with a friend.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You bet. Some may recommend paralyze field and kiting the target into it then orienting yourself at the end so it walks down and gets para'd multiple times in the field but I've never really found that strategy to be all that helpful.

If you anger the beast enough times and you know your para is going to wear off before the attempt is finished, which in many cases you're likely to fail anyway on high end creatures worth taming and using, many times you'll find you just have to back off and load up a fresh para and wait for it to start moving again and hope for a quicker tame attempt next time. You'll find that fine line to ride, juggling your health and para's and tame attempts can get a little busy at times it's better to be safe than sorry til you get in the groove. A rescue alt char never hurts.

So maybe it's not just that easy lol

Don't forget to tab out of combat so you don't accidentally break para by punching them if you get within 1 tile, which happens to everyone sometime. Even if you are tabbed out of combat magic reflect and reactive armor is ill-advised as the reflected spells and melee damage will break the para as well.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Shacktus

Neophyte
Thank you! I haven't seen much discussion regarding actual taming tactics, this really helps me plan my future taming escapades!

Thank you again!

Bromista

Grandmaster
One more thing that you probably have read but it can't hurt to add here. Start your attempt within 2 tiles and then step away to give yourself a larger buffer. You can continue the attempt as far away as like 5 tiles.