Taming, lore, and the loss of meditation

Fattson

Grandmaster
I'm currently at 110 taming, 110 lore, and 110 provo. After playing with different farming set ups, I think that the death beetle isn't worth the lack of control at 110. I think the dragon/ww combo is hands down the best for pvm. However, I'm also disappointed with 110 provo. I think 115 is necessary. I'm at 80 meditation.

But the med loss is killing me. I hate it.

So any advice from vet tamers? I'm thinking go to 115 provo, which I can do without penalty. Then I think I should probably drop some skills to get my gm med back. Maybe 105/105?

Edit: Maybe just go to 115 provo and adjust once I see how much I fail? Just seems like a death beetle that only listens 50% of the time isn't worth the extra ten points of lore and taming. I could be wrong though.

Hunter-

Grandmaster
My spots : wind 2, deceit 5, fire- balrons.destard 2 etc..
Pk not problem for me, my tamer all time naked)) if i died i'm just losing regs.
If pk one or i in good dungeon(where i can using mobs to try killing few pk) i am recall with my pvp char

And i am mostly farming when in USA early morning :)))

Last edited by a moderator:

Fattson

Grandmaster
My spots : wind 2, deceit 5, fire- balrons.destard 2 etc..
Pk not problem for me, my tamer all time naked)) if i died i'm just losing regs.
If pk one or i in good dungeon(where i can using mobs to try killing few pk) i am recall with my pvp char

And i am mostly farming when in USA early morning :)))
I also try to farm off peak. Lately I've been getting pk'd at least once a day though. I don't mind dying, but the pets dying is a real pain in the butt.

Belge

Grandmaster
What are you gents farming? My favorite spot, even though I'm pk'd there all the time, are the shadow daemon spots.
You can farm anything really with 105 provo.. Balrons, Titans, Shadow Daemons... the odd paragon you might fail once or twice, but its never been an issue.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
It's expensive but people underestimate the value of the 120 tame. With 120 tame 100 lore you have the equivalent of 118/118 as far as control.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I've been living with 90 mage/70 med for a solid 18 months now. It has its downsides for sure, but the benefits far outweigh the costs :)

Fattson

Grandmaster
This. Dip down to 70 med for 115 provo and you'll be a killing machine @Fattson 115/115 provides excellent control over a death bettle.

Fuck med, kill pixels.
I don't even think a death beetle is necessary. Dragon and ww seem to farm just fine. I don't like champs. RDAs are run by money and a few other guilds so they aren't really viable for me either. I just need an every day farming set up.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I will say this. Really think I'm getting into the tamer mindset.

Recalled to my house with a solid loot pull and had a red there macroing kegs that I had forgotten about.

Scared the shit outta me!

lollo

Grandmaster
I'm making a tamer without provo and vet.

It's basically a 5x mage with 115 taming and 115 lore

I'll eat a 120 peace to higher the skill cap and only lose 10 points.

I'm undecided if I should drop 10 meditation or 10 wrestling points? Any suggestions? Not gonna use the char to farm really

Fattson

Grandmaster
I'm making a tamer without provo and vet.

It's basically a 5x mage with 115 taming and 115 lore

I'll eat a 120 peace to higher the skill cap and only lose 10 points.

I'm undecided if I should drop 10 meditation or 10 wrestling points? Any suggestions? Not gonna use the char to farm really
I've asked around and the consensus seems to be that you should go 5x with gm lore/tame. If you wanna eat peace to 120 for the extra taming and lore, but going further than that and dropping pvp viable skills isn't really what you wanna do.

lollo

Grandmaster
lol He's one of the guys I asked.

So I decided to take his advice. I'm gonna run a two bear set up and probably do 105/105.

I remember him running around with a lvl 6 meta so I think he definitely had more than 105/105 on his tamer!